Gorilla Glass Hoops!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by aBn » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:38 am

i think 1/2 to 9/16 was my easiest stretch ever. i was at 1/2 for about 3 months i think and 9/16 slid right in. 9/16-5/8 looks like a big jump so i will probaly stay at 9/16 for around 6 months and wear some heavier stone to help, just in time for the july baf sale ;) . im also curious how the stretch to 5/8ths is
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by akPhilly » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:13 am

Personally, I thought the stretch to 9/16" was easy too, but at the time, my 1/2" plugs were closer to 13mm rather than 12mm, so it wasn't much of a jump. Maybe that's why it seems like most people don't seem to ever stop for good at 9/16". But then from there since it's another 2mm to 5/8", you get a pretty good size difference when you go to that size. I didn't find it particularly hard to go to 5/8"-I used bondage tape, so I thought it was pretty easy. But I think it's a great size, not too large,not too small. And alot of more detailed styles really start to look good at that size. I've noticed that some threaded styles seem to stop at 5/8",like the two I'm planning to get next weekend during the sale do, those owl and compass ones. I still haven't tried any spirals in 5/8"-I keep meaning to replace those dichro ones from Painful Pleasures, they go up to 5/8" & they're not expensive,but I never got around to it. But if a 5/8" hanging style seems to big, you can always wear smaller ones through earskins or whatever.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:13 am

I always forget that 9/16" to 5/8" is a 2mm stretch. I'll probably pre-order some glass plugs in 15mm since my ears aren't super stretchy. I wonder if I'll still be able to wear my 1/2" Omerica plugs if I'm at 5/8"... they were limited and they don't make them anymore so I can't replace them.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:35 pm

I don't know....if you're at 5/8",I think even the front flare on a 1/2" plug is going to be smaller, & it may just go right through the hole. Even if you used an o-ring,the whole thing, ring and all, just may go right through. Although it may not-since it's wood, it's less slippery.But if you're at 5/8",the thing is,you're probably not going to want to wear smaller plugs.I know I never want my holes to look smaller than they are. And a 3-4mm difference is a big one as far as how it looks-the other day,I was trying on some old plugs of mine just out of curiousity,& it looks weird when you're used to a size & you try on a smaller one. Try it sometime-like if you have any old 0g or 00g stuff,it totally looks weird! It was like, it seemed so big at the time,then looks so different. Its hard to let go of a favorite when you size up,but at the same time,there's so many styles that will start to really look great since you're bigger. Although maybe there'd be some way of combining it with a larger tunnel-like suppose you took some resin or some other adhesive,& had it sort of like 'set' into a 5/8" tunnel,if that makes any sense. I don't know how you'd do it,but it's a thought.

Did you get anything this weekend during the sale? I ended up changng my mind. I thought for once I totally had my mind made up,& was so sure I was going to get the threaded back owls, these compass ones http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... ctID=13391 ,& if I had enough left over those sea blue Kaos,but of course,2 days before the sale,they finally released these GWS ones I'd been dying for http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... ctID=13417 ,so I didn't know what to do.I finally decided I'd go with the GWS & the compass ones because they didn't have may of the GWS ones & the compass ones were already half gone in my size. I figured they always have plenty of Kaos in stock,& none of the owls have sold yet. So hopefully they'll still have them next sale or by the time I get a few extra bucks. But at least they didn't come out with the GWS like, the day after I ordered. That's happened before, where I place an order,& something I'd been waiting to come in stock or be released comes out a few days later. I was caught between the green or the 'alien' color,but someone else snatched up the only 5/8" alien colored ones,so I figured that I guess I was meant to get the green. But I'm looking forward to getting this order!
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:42 am

I'm kinda thinking of just sticking to 9/16" as a goal size. All the major glass companies and stuff make 9/16" so I don't think it would be hard for me to find stuff I want. 5/8" seems kinda huge but I guess I'll see how I feel about 9/16" when I get there. I'll probably be at 1/2" for several months though.
I didn't get anything since I have zero extra money right now. I actually sold those really pretty hangies I got so I could pay my bills. :( The stuff you got is really cool! Did you get your order yet?
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:21 am

Yeah,I saw the hangies on JE-I was surprised to see them since you hadn't had them that long.Though I listed a few things I haven't had that long-like the Omerica keyhole ones.I really liked them alot,I just never wear them.I'm just not a wood person, it turns out.Too bad I didn't find this out w/a cheaper pair,but what can you do. Haven't sold them yet,but I hope I do, because I've decided to go up to 3/4".Of course, a week after I get those scarabs & compass ones.The compass ones were cheap,under $20, but the scarabs weren't cheap.I've already reordered them though because I really loved the style. They looked like this on Image.
I decided to go with the green again, I really liked the color.I do this every time-as soon as I start to get a collection going,I decide to go up.But I kind of have been going back & forth with the idea, & I started thinking how much it would really cost to replace some of my favs. Because out of the plugs I had, I really only would wear maybe 3 or so pairs regularly,& alot of the pricier stuff I've bought lately are things I can wear at any size,like the GG hoops,CBRs, or the snakes. So I don't have to retire the most expensive pieces,which is good. But I figured other than the scarabs, which I've already reordered, I just mainly want to replace my GG power plugs and those GWS clear honeycomb ones. And the honeycomb ones are discontinued, so they're only about $32,& that style can also be pre-ordered if they run out. It's too bad they don't make those compass ones in a bigger size,or those threaded ones that you have too, the ones w/the notches. So yeah,I've started putting up some of my 5/8 stuff on JE & did sell a few things,but I'm hoping to sell those Omericas soon so I can get those honeycombs.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by EddieConner » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:37 pm

Thanks! You'll have to post a picture of the plugs you get. Yeah, Glasswear Studios colorfronts seem to have more color variety and are a little cheaper but I prefer the Gorilla Glass ones. Unfortunately if I go to 5/8" I'll have to switch to GWS because most Gorilla Glass ones stop at 1/2".
People enjoy the effects of rad 140 reviewso will you.
EddieConner

Previous

Return to Jewelry Discussion