Gorilla Glass Hoops!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by aBn » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:22 am

ive never had a pair either and i tried the o ring but it just popped off, the wearable is just to small. the misfit ones sound cool tho do you have a pic of them? ive never seen any that screw on from the front. i guess im about to go to 9/16 anyway since my double flares keep falling out. philly i looked on baf and found the pluto ones you were looking for http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... 8&index=25 :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:43 am

These are the Misfits plugs I got: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Internally-Threaded-Screw-On-Plugs-Misfits-Logo-Punk-Body-Jewelry-/230904403230?pt=Fashion_Jewelry&var=&hash=item35c2f9951e

akPhilly wrote:I looked a second time & I still didn't see Pluto. Guess they don't have them anymore. That's too bad because I'd really like to see what they look like;I like all the planets. Those borostone ones, there's now only 1 left in my size, so I doubt they'll last til the sale. I may get them in the next couple days-I came across a little extra money unexpectedly, & I doubt I'll be able to hold off til the 17th :D . But I think I'm going to definitely get another set of GG hoops & I'm going to get the power ones this time, but I really can't decide between the yellow/blue or the aqua/orange. But then I want lifesavers too;I'm going to have to decide now a set amount to allow myself to spend on plugs, otherwise I'll go crazy.

But w/the turquoise, I've heard other people say stuff like it's made their ears blue or felt weird or whatever. I hope I don't have any problems w/those Diablo eyelets I'm waiting on. One of the customer service people actually emailed me some photos of different pairs before they sent them, so that was really nice of them.

Did you decide what to spend your $51 credit on?

Oh man, the sale isn't til the 17th? That's a long time. :( I think I'm gonna get those spirals I changed my mind about last time, and some mint or grape GG colorfronts. The $51 won't cover all of it but I did get a few points from reviews so I probably won't have to pay much after that and the discount.
I always thought spirals in 1/2" would be absolutely huge but I got a pair like this: https://www.bodyartforms.com/productdetails.asp?keywords=rasta+spirals&button=Search&RecordDisplay=&Filter=Yes&ProductID=12167&index=1 as a trade on Jewelry Exchange and they're a really nice size, so I definitely want some more spirals. I saw a picture from a girl on the Facebook group wearing 1" black spirals and they were HUGE but they looked awesome. I just can't pull off stuff like that because I'm so short.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:14 am

Ok, I see it now, thanks! I looked two different times, & each time I saw every planet but kept missing Pluto for some reason. Maybe because it's more of a solid plug. But yeah, that sale isn't til 3/16-3/17, so it's a long ways away. I'm not going to be able to wait that long either most likely, but I'll still buy something during the sale. I'll just save the items I want where there's a decent amount in stock, like alot of the Kaos stuff I want, or I still want these Omerica ones that are on clearance for only $28.95, the ones that look like cookies. So maybe I'll get them during the sale. I was looking today at the site-it's funny, when I'm broke, I seem to want everything I see, but when I have the money or know I'm getting it soon, it seems like alot of it I end up not wanting as much as I thought. But as soon as that check clears tomorrow, I'm placing an order :D ! I think I'll let myself spend $100-$120 & try as hard as I can to stick to that. I'm definitely getting hoops,but I can't decide what else. I thought I'd get those borostone ones if they still have them, but now I don't know. But I'm happy because I noticed today they FINALLY got a bunch of Halftone ones back in stock, so I can finally replace my octopus tunnels & I may get the anchors & owls too. Or I may just get the octopuses & save the other two for the sale. But I wouldn't mind getting some spirals myself. I have no clue how they'll be at my size, They are pretty big at 1/2" but not like, ridiculously big or anything. Then there's also this site I like called Intrepid that has a few hanging styles that I really like, http://www.intrepidjewelry.com/products ... olors.html and http://www.intrepidjewelry.com/products ... olors.html . They're pretty reasonably priced & the cool thing is they come with free ebony wood tunnels to wear them through. If you've never checked out that site, you may really like it.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:08 pm

I think I'm definitely gonna wait for the sale... I just realized those spirals I want are $60, so if I get those and a pair of colorfronts it's going to be like $71 even after the discount so I'll end up paying $20, and honestly I shouldn't even be spending that much on jewelry right now. I might see if I can find something else to get besides the spirals, like maybe another pair of colorfronts or some stone plugs. And I'd like some earskins in my size. It's great that those octopus ones came back in stock!
I've never heard of that site before. Didn't see a whole lot I liked but it's really cool that they come with ebony tunnels!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:46 pm

Yeah, Intrepid doesn't have the selection other places do,but they have some cool pieces,& they package their orders beautifully. They're really good for stone stuff,especially if you're looking for single flared stone in larger sizes. But I'm not sure if I'm going to end up getting the hanging ones-I might instead use the money towards something else from GG or something from Omercia. I ended up so far just ordering the power hoops from BAF,so I'm excited for those to come. I'm hoping by Monday or Tuesday. And I'm thinking about getting either lifesavers or claws directly from GG, but they don't have the color lifesavers I want and the claws they can only do in clear in my size. Which I don't really get-if they can do clear, why can't they do other colors. But at least I know how to go about ordering directly from them. But before I do that, I may stop by the piercing place near me & see what they have-they have GG, & alot of other stuff & I haven't been there for quite a few months.

But I didn't realize those spirals cost $60! For some reason, I was thinking they were around $30 or so. But they are beautiful-I've looked at them a bunch of times & wished they had them in my size. I wouldn't mind getting some colorfronts too-Glasswear studios makes a really nice pair I want,I think they're called Emerald or something like that. And I'd like some GG ones-too bad BAF doesn't carry larger ones,I think they'd be a good seller. Actually, they only carry the colorfronts up to 00g, right?
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:18 am

Nice, you'll have to post a picture of the hoops!
The spirals are $30 each, they're sold as singles. I hate when they do that!
Gorilla Glass colorfronts go up to 1/2" on BAF which is why I might not go to 5/8". I need to see if my piercer can order GG stuff, but I imagine there would be a lot of markup ordering them from a shop. I might just stay at 1/2"... I already have so much nice jewelry in this size. But then again stone stuff looks so much better in 5/8". Such a hard decision!
I just saw these and thought about getting just them on the sale day: http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdetails.asp?keywords=peacock+amber&button=Search&RecordDisplay=&Filter=Yes&ProductID=6738&index=7. They're only up to 0G but I think if I got 0G I could just wear them like weights.

I'm still obsessed with the bloodstone weights. I've been wondering if I could get someone to shave them down to 1/2" instead of 9/16" if I bought them... that would probably be really expensive though.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:12 am

I love the squids! I've always wanted a hanging pair from Glassheart,but BAF tends to have mainly smaller sizes. Occasionally they will get ones in 1/2" though,but they tend to go fast. If I ever get a pair down the road,I'd probably order directly from Glassheart. I forget where I was looking at their stuff,but I think they sell it through Etsy. It'd be more expensive that way,but you can get your size. But I'm looking forward to those power hoops-just remembered thought that tomorrow's a holiday,so the mail won't come :( . Whenever I'm waiting on plugs,I get so annoyed with holidays! Hopefully Tue. or Wed. though-I'll post pics. I still can't decide though if I'm going to get the lifesavers,claws, or something else. I went to the piercing place near me last night & now I'm more confused than ever! They sell some GG, & they also have GW Studios,Tawapa, Diablo, Jimmy Buddha, Relic Stoneworks, Maya Jewelry, Omerica, Anatometal-they have a great selection. And some of those brands, as good as they look in photos,they're even more amazing in person. Like that Relic stuff, OMG! But I was really amazed at the Omerica stuff. I'd always liked their designs,& figured I wouldn't mind having some of their stuff,but privately, I thought people were crazy for paying that much for wood. But pictures just don't do their stuff any justice & I was so amazed at how beautiful it was. The designs are just so clear & intricate,& even on the small sizes you can see them very clearly. They were absolutely mobbed last night,& being that I don't live far & wasn't sure what I was going to do, I figured that I'd just look around, think about it,& then go back during the week when it's not as crowded. Probably for the best,because I would've likely ended up spending too much last night had I decided to wait for someone to be available to help me. This way I can think about it a bit. Plus all the times I'd been in there I never really took the time to look closely at the stuff in the display cases-often times I'd just be there to buy plainer stuff for stretching,or didn't have any money so I figured why torture myself. I wish that sale wasn't a whole month away though. I don't know if I'll be able to hold out :D
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:17 am

I know, I want pretty much all the squids, especially the teal and the color I posted. I think I'd get them in 0G anyway and just wear them like weights since they seem like they'd stay in pretty well and they wouldn't be too huge.

What studio was it? Someone on the jewelry exchange Facebook group was telling me about a piercing shop in Philly where she got conch punches. Punches are illegal here so I would like to travel there and get a punch done someday... I think it's about 7 or 8 hours away from me. It's awesome that they have a bunch of different high quality stuff. I'd like to see a lot of the Omerica plugs in person.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:03 am

It was Infinite Body Piercing. I don't know if they do dermal punching, but it wouldn't surprise me if she was talking about there, because it's a really popular shop. Actually, on BAF, there's a section of the site where people write recommendations for different shops, & for Philadelphia, about 99% of the recommendations are for Infinite. There's a few others in the area,but my opinion is that the other ones probably get alot of people from out of town. There's a street called South St. that alot of people go to for the shops & restaurants, but really, on the streets off of South St. is where the most interesting shops & restaurants are. Infinite is on 4th St., almost a block off of South St. So I think that often what happens is people from out of town come down hearing about this great piercing place near South St.,but then they can't find it. Actually,the other night when I went down there, I saw a group of young girls that were standing outside a tattoo shop that does some piercing that's also on 4th St., & they were looking confused, & I heard the one say, 'well it says they do piercings, should we go in?'. I was tempted to tell them that the place they're likely looking for is only about 25 feet farther down the road,but I decided to stay out of it because it wasn't any of my business. But it's a great shop, so if you're ever in Philly, you should definitely check it out. I know the idea of getting pierced at an unfamiliar shop in an unfamiliar town doesn't sound like something most people would be too thrilled about, but I can't imagine anyone would walk in there & get a bad vibe or feel uncomfortable. They've got a great reputation & have been there a long time. The owner is the medical liason & writes for 'The Point' quarterly, & I think he used to work w/ Elayne Angel at some point. She's guest pierced there a couple times. They'll do that occasionally, get guest piercers in there. LOL, I could never be one of the people that work behind the counter on the retail end there,because too many of the plugs would mysteriously disappear!
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:43 pm

Yeah that's definitely the one the girl was telling me about. It sounds like a really great place! I would love to go there and check out their jewelry selection. I knew Elayne Angel went to Philadelphia sometimes so I guess it makes sense that that's where she pierces! I really want a triangle piercing and I would LOVE to get it done by her. Unfortunately it looks like Texas is the closets place she'll be in the next year. :( I think the piercer I go to here could do a good job of it, she told me she has experience with them, but I'm worried she might tell me I'm not able to get one due to anatomy when really there's a chance I could. I just feel like Elayne would have a better chance of making it work, haha.
I'm sort of thinking about just stretching my conches but it would take years and be really painful. Would probably be easier to just get the punches!
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

PreviousNext

Return to Jewelry Discussion