Gorilla Glass Hoops!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by akPhilly » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:14 am

I don't know if these are considered like a weight style, but they're totally different than what I'd normally go for (always said I'd NEVER wear weights or anything remotely like them. No offense to anyone that wears them, but I'm saying I was wrong anyhow),but I just couldn't seem to get them out of my head. So glad I got them, & they're so much better than I imagined,& worth the price! If you've looked at them before, but wasn't sure about spending that much or whatever, do it! You'll be so happy with them! Had a hard time deciding between the Linear or the Power hoops, but went with the Linear ones because I'm getting a set of the power plugs soon. Although I love this squared off hoop style so much, I want the power hoops too one day! And I've seen these ones called rhomboid weights that gorilla glass makes that I like,but haven't seen them on any sites other than the main GG one. But after trying the hoops, I'd definitely be more open to trying an actual weighted style :D

AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:55 am

I really like those!
I was never into weights either but I just bought some like these: https://www.bodyartforms.com/productdetails.asp?keywords=&jewelry=hanging&gauge=&flare_type=&length=&brand=Gorilla+Glass&price=&material=&button=%C2%BB+Submit+filter+%C2%AB&date=&restock=&new=&orderby=&RecordDisplay=&Filter=Yes&Extras=&Retainer=&Showout=&Threading=&preorders=&pagenumber=2&ProductID=7992&index=3
Got a super good deal for them because I got them pre-owned from someone else. I can't wait to wear them! I pretty much love everything Gorilla Glass makes.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:05 pm

OMG, those are amazing! The yellow/blue is my fav color combination for the power collection, & when I get just the regular power plugs, that's the color I'm getting. I also really like the orange/aqua, but yellow/blue is my fav,& I wouldn't mind having a hanging style in that too. Another thing that's nice about the weights & hoops is that if you're a size where it's not like, huge, you still have a piece that shows off the color variations in the glass really good. Like w/the linear stuff, I'd gotten just the regular linear plugs a few weeks ago, but ended up sending them back because at my size, in just a regular plug sometimes it may not show all the color variation as well depending on how it's made.

But I really think those weights are going to look good;it looks like they come in 0 or 00g, & I think that'll be a good proportion w/ the size of your holes. Like on GG's site, there's a pic of a girl wearing those weights in red/black,& they look nice and all, but her ears are really huge, so all you really see is hole & you don't notice the weight as much. I think that since you're 7/16" or 1/2" or whatever, it'll show a nice amount of your hole, but without overwhelming the jewelry, if that makes any sense what I'm trying to say. You should post pics when you get them, they look like they're going to be amazing! :)
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:40 pm

Yeah I know what you mean about weights, I don't think I'd wear them if my lobes were huge, I actually think they look really good at around 1/2"-1".
I am soooo anxious to get them, they'll probably be the nicest piece of jewelry I've had so far. I'm also getting some other pretty glass stuff in 1/2" from the same girl, some of it I won't be able to wear for a while because it's double flare but I'm still excited!

You should join the Jewelry Exchange group on Facebook, I've found so much amazing stuff on there! I love when I find things I would've bought anyway but for so much cheaper.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:21 am

I've never heard of that-do you just put jewelry exchange in the search engine, or is it called something else? I definitely want to take a look! Especially if there's any chance I'd see some Gorilla Glass I like! Because after those hoops, & after I order those power plugs, that'll most likely be the last splurge for me for a very long time. And I still want some of those GG lifesaver plugs,& they make a weighted style that looks like a square that I want too. So that'd be awesome if I ever lucked out & stumbled across any pre-owned ones. And I still have never gotten any Omerica, which I really want to. I guess on the rare occasions I actually have $50 or $70 for plugs, I tend to gravitate towards GG. Those weights you're getting were a lucky find! And the nice thing is if you decided to go larger, you could still wear them.

But with double flared, I just recently bought a pair & got them in. Some people say just to give it time & they'll go in,but I gave it time & they just wouldn't go in. So I finally just wrapped a little tape around my plugs-not so much that it was like when I go up, but just a few wraps,like just enough to loosen the holes a bit. Cause those power plugs are going to be df, & there's so many ones by Diablo that I'd always wanted. But if I wear them a couple days in a row,I take them out & put them in once a day cause I'm paranoid about them shrinking around the middle & getting stuck :lol:
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Yep the group is just called Jewelry Exchange, here's a link: http://www.facebook.com/groups/jewelryexchange/?ref=ts&fref=ts

I LOVE Gorilla Glass too. I like Glasswear Studios stuff but I think I prefer Gorilla Glass for the most part. I was really disappointed to see their colorfronts stop at 1/2", I recently decided that I'll probably go to 5/8" eventually. I guess I probably could wear 1/2" colorfronts at 5/8" if I put some tape around them.

The Jewlery Exchange group is both a blessing and a curse... so many good deals but I'm spending my student loan refund check before I even get it!
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by Tom » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:42 am

Those look great!
Thanks for sharing
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by akPhilly » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:16 am

Thanks-I couldn't look at the stuff yet because you have to join,but I put in a request. But yeah,I've noticed alot of times there will be glass stuff that stops at 1/2".Like on BAF they have plain GG tunnels that I like,but they stop at 12mm. I'd probably have to get them directly through GG. Then there's a company that makes cool stuff called Glassheart studios,& BAF has some of their stuff,but the hanging styles they'll only seem to get up to 0g or 1/2". They do this one style I really like,& I messaged them on Etsy & they said they could do it at my size,but it'd be $153. I figured for a little less than that even I could get the GG hoops & power plugs. Plus I wanted them more anyway-I'm with you on that one, as cool as the other companies stuff is, I'd usually pick the GG over the other stuff.

But I think you'll like 5/8";alot of plugs really start to look cool at that size but it's not so huge that stuff is always a fortune. I always see the prices on the really big stuff & wonder how people afford it! Like even a set of Kaos might be like, $60. There's this one video on Youtube where this girl is showing her plug collection & she's like, 1 1/2" or whatever,& her collection must be worth a damn fortune! It starts out where it's like most plug collection videos on Youtube & you're like, oh, that's nice, whatever, & then she gets to the Omerica section of her collection, & it's like, holy crap! It's like a friggin Omerica store. I know what they cost at my size,& they're alot, so at her size, & then so many! She must've spent easily a couple grand on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIJxNgvIG7k
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:29 pm

WOW, her collection is amazing! Those Anatometal ones must've been sooooo expensive. I really, really want some blingy Anatometal ones when I get to my final goal size.
Can you still wear any 1/2" jewelry at 5/8"? My big thing is I still want to be able to wear some of my 1/2" stuff. I'm about to order some really nice Mayan flare stone plugs from BAF and also some glass plugs and I don't really want to replace them in 5/8". I also had those Omerica plugs that I'm going to replace in 1/2"... I'm trying to sell the 7/16" pair on the Jewelry Exchange now.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:45 pm

OMG, I know! There's alot of plug collection videos on Youtube, but that one's easily the best one I've ever seen! And some of those Omerica ones had to have been custom made because some of the styles I've seen on Omerica's site only going up to 1 1/4",& being that hers were all the same size,I don't think they were just old ones from when she was at a smaller size. And those Anatometal ones are amazing-I want a set of gemmed eyelets too. I was looking at Anatometal's site & I saw how it said for some of the tunnels '18k gold & real gems upon request'. I can't even image what that'd cost! But there's this one style Anatometal has that I'd love to have one day-they're like a gemmed eyelet, & then on the inside of the tunnel part, there's this detail where it looks like a round of little bullets. BAF carries them, so I don't know if you've ever seen them on there. I enter the drawing on their FB page every Thurs.-maybe I'll get lucky one of these days.

But with taping the plugs, I've found that with alot of styles there's only so much you can tape it before the flare might go through your ear. And I've had times where I'd go up in size & have something I really liked that's smaller,& I tell myself I'll just tape it so I can still wear it, but I never end up doing that, because I like to make my holes look as big as possible, & a smaller plug taped up to the same size just always seems to appear so much smaller. The only 1/2" stuff I still occasionally wear is a pair of spirals I got on Etsy and those GG Vertigo claws & I just put them through earskins or plain tunnels. Although when I get the money, I want to see if there's any way GG can custom make me a set of 5/8" vertigo claws-I'd rather have them in my size. But with your Omericas, do they have this thing where you can send your plugs back to them & they'll somehow make them larger? I thought I heard that somewhere-I don't know how they'd do that, but I swore I heard someone say something like that.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

Next

Return to Jewelry Discussion