Regular flare vs. 'tophat' flare

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by akPhilly » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:04 am

At almost every size I've been, there always seems to be the plugs I have & then the plugs I wear-often it'd be the same 1 or 2. One style I wear alot is just plain, single flared steel tunnels, like these
http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... uctID=7267

And I'm in need of a plain, single flared steel syle, & there's a set I want that's got more of a flattened front flare, like the tophat ones, like this http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... uctID=8547

Basically, what I want to know is will the tophat ones make my holes look smaller? I know they're not expensive plugs to begin with,but I don't like to spend on stuff I don't end up wearing. So if anyone's worn this style and knows, if you could let me know that'd be great. Thanks :D
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by AceWitThaLobes » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:20 pm

ive worn them, had a black pair. if u are smaller than a 00 i would stay away from them, the extra material/that lil lip does make it look a bit smaller. at 5/8 the non-stretched person would still be impressed. i personally like the style, they stay in better for me. imma rough and tumble kinda gal lol. the regular flares slip out on me.
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by akPhilly » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:33 am

Thanks, I ended up getting them when there was a sale. I think they do make the hole look a bit smaller, but I do like them alot & am glad I ended up getting them; they're very sturdy & smooth, & I use them alot as my 'sleeping plugs'. I can't sleep in silicone, they always either fall out or fold themselves up. And sometimes just the regular single flare can be a little sharp to sleep in. I'm not increasing my size any more but if I were, they'd be good plugs for taping
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

Return to Jewelry Discussion