About time!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by sh4ky » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:09 am

I have been stretching three lobe piercings for nearly a year now and the only jewellery I have had in them are single flare SSS tunnels. I had been deliberating over a size to stop at where I could start my plug collection. Having waited soooo long has give me plenty of 'looking on the Internet' time for lots of different plugs and places to get them from. And I am happy and excited to say I have just ordered the first of my plugs. I thought I'd share:

Stone and amber from Relicstoneworks.com

http://relicstoneworks.com/section/2285 ... alite.html

http://relicstoneworks.com/section/228611_Amber.html
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in

Piercings:
Left lobe- 00g first hole, 2g second hole
Right lobe- 0g
Right helix rim- 14g x3 around top
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

by akPhilly » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:59 am

Wow,those are really nice!I especially like the labradorite/spectralite ones.I love the stuff RS makes,& always wanted something from them.Some stones,you mostly see synthetics in,& it never looks as good as the real thing.I want a pair in turquoise,& most turquoise you see is synthetic,but I want a real pair,& they say they can do it.So when I can afford it,I want to get a pair from them.Diablo makes the most convincing synthetic turquoise,but I still want the real deal.But I think you were smart to just buy the essentials until you reached your desired size.I did the same thing,& I'll never understand why people will say how expensive it is to stretch your ears,but then they'll have like,10 different styles in every single size.I would just buy what I needed,& now that I'm at my goal size,I'm starting a collection too.I can't quite afford RS right now,but I got a 'splurge' item too that I'm waiting on,a pair of Gorilla Glass vertigo claws.They were a bit pricey,but it's hard to find claws in 1/2",or that aren't corny looking in general.Can't wait to get them-have to wait a few wks though,because GG has to custom make them.But you should post pics when you get your RS order;I'd love to see them,I'm sure they'll be beautiful. :)
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by sh4ky » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:02 am

The guys at RS reckon a 12 week turnaround to get them to me, busy as they are. So I should get them in the new year. But that's ok. Gives me time to get my lobes closer to their size. I will take pics when I get them in. I too looked at Diablo as a possible place to get these from. And Oracle and Quetzalli too. Really, I have looked at heaps of places.

The GG stuff is great. I'm sure your claws will be superb. I have looked at their stuff too, thinking of maybe getting some lifesavers too. I do have two nice sets of glass double flare plugs from a site here in Australia that are the same size as all the others I have just ordered.

Piercings:
Right lobe- 0g
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

by akPhilly » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:37 am

Yes,I'm very excited to get my claws-after I'd already ordered them,the company contacted me & said it was a discontinued style & they wouldn't be able to get them,but they contacted GG,& they said they'd be able to make me a pair.It's not my original color choice,but that's ok,because I really had my heart set on this one particular style.They have plain ones,but I really wanted the vertigo ones,so I'm ok that it's my 2nd color choice.Other sites carry them,but only up to a 00g,& won't seem to deal w/custom orders from GG.But those lifesaver ones are really nice-I wouldn't mind having a pair of them too,in orange & yellow.I've noticed that the lifesaver ones tend to be very limited,or sell out fast on alot of sites,so they must be a popular style.The one thing though that I can't find is flared mammoth ivory tunnels,& RS doesn't do stuff in mammoth ivory-I asked.Everything I see in either super ornate hanging styles,no flare tunnels,or solid ones.The only site where I've seen exactly what I want only deals in wholesale :( .And I've looked EVERYWHERE!I even contacted a carver on Etsy,but he's not doing custom stuff anymore.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by sh4ky » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Also post photos when you get them. They sound interesting. And custom made is IMO better. There's just something unique about your 'own' plugs.
With your ivory tunnels, have you tried emailing other organical places like Onetribe, oracle etc just on the off chance they have some and can make them for you? If not, I'd just start emailing everyone you find. Surely someone can make them for you.

Piercings:
Right lobe- 0g
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

Return to Jewelry Discussion