I'd like to see

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by deviantxy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:42 pm

I was browsing jewelery today wishing I was at a goal size so I could buy some of my faves and got to thinking. I can't find any clear stash plugs! The closest thing I could find to clear are these and they are acrylic. Someone needs to make some I'd bet they would sell. Maybe make them like those internally threaded eyeleted steel tunnels.
Last edited by deviantxy on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by Dowa2bp » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:35 am

Links broken :O

Got another link?
Have:
4g Left Lobe - 9.5 Right Lobe

Want:
I Think 10mm or 11mm
(Stopping at 11mm)
Dowa2bp

by deviantxy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Should work now. I accidentally put a space where it shouldn't be.
Lobes 00G (9mm)

1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by mouse2cat » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:19 pm

maybe because people usually want to conceal whatever it is they are stashing.
mouse2cat

by deviantxy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19 pm

Yeah but if they were clear you could fill them with cool stuff to match what your wearing for the day or what ever. There are enough solid ones have some variety.
Lobes 00G (9mm)

1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by sh4ky » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:39 am

I've seen glass ones liquid filled in all sorts of colours so sort of would match want you're wearing if you got the right colours. Can't remember where though. Maybe Wildcat.com.au

Also seen little medical bottles turned into plugs (by adding some O rings). You could fill those with whatever you want that fits. They were on etsy.com
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in

Piercings:
Left lobe- 00g first hole, 2g second hole
Right lobe- 0g
Right helix rim- 14g x3 around top
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

by akPhilly » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:51 am

I've always wondered about stash plugs,because I'll see them at smaller gauges,& unless you're at a certain size,I don't know what the hell someone would stash in there that'd fit,but I guess it's the novelty of them that people like,& I guess if they can fit something in there they don't want people to see it?But I know what you mean,that would be cool if they were clear,you could put just something colorful in there & it'd be an interesting effect.And I don't see why they couldn't do it-they make threaded acrylic tunnels,so why not solid ones.Maybe you're on to something here-it'd be cool to be able to make something like that.

One thing I'd like to see is more hanging styles and claws over 00g. The only claws I've seen at my size,which is 1/2",is 2 styles by Gorilla Glass,& they're pretty expensive.Bodyartforms.com has all these really cool ones,the one of which I want the most is like a claw taper,but instead of a C shape they're more kind of like a 7 shape.I'd assumed it was maybe because they'd be too heavy,but if a spiral isn't that heavy,I don't see why those ones i want wouldn't be.And they have all these cool twisty ones that they don't make very big that I'd love to see in my size.I've seen these egg shaped spirals on that site,but they cost a damn fortune.So that's what I"d love to see,more claw tapers & hanging styles over 00 that are affordable.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by deviantxy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:07 pm

I did see someone on Etsy that was selling little glass corked bottles as plugs. They looked really different and I can't find them now. And there was someone else with hollow talons I think they called them with glitter and stuff in them. Something else that might be super cool would be working salt and pepper shakers. I know it can be done people just need to do it. I'm not good enough working with molds and things to make anything but my dad knows someone that melts and molds plastic into wine corks, razor handles and other cool stuff. Maybe I can ask him to talk to them.
Lobes 00G (9mm)

1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

Return to Jewelry Discussion