Solid color glass plugs?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by newbie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Anyone use solid color glass plugs? didnt know if there was any harm in getting those of the color fronts. Wanted to get solid black sf in case my df wont go in when i try them.

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:57 pm

I love them, I've used them in every size. Always use single-flares in a fresh stretch, never double flares.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by newbie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:06 pm

no i mean the part about the solid color not just front? I was gonna use sf for the fresh stretch just didnt know if it was ok to get solid black instead of black fronts?

didnt know if the colored glass has any ill effects on fresh stretch?

by akPhilly » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:00 am

I would have to think that glass plugs that are colored all the way through would be fine,though now that you mention it,alot seem to be clear or have clear backs.But being that it's glass at all I would have to assume that it has to be alot better than other types of material.Most glass body jewelry seems to be made of pyrex or borosilicate,which are non-porus & lead free,so I would think that you should be safe from anything leaching out into your body.But to be on the safe side,maybe if there's a good piercing studio near you,you could ask them.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

Return to Jewelry Discussion