Flexible Silicone ear tunnels & how they work

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by akPhilly » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:23 pm

I just received a pair of the flexible double flared tunnels,& I'm not planning to wear them for awhile,as I just increased to a 00 recently,but I'm just wondering about how they work.Not literally-I mean,they're flexible plugs so it's pretty self-explanatory what you do w/ them,but for me,when I take out my plugs,even after I've been at a size for months,the hole doesn't look nearly as big as the jewelry.So what I'm wondering is if the tunnel is flexible,how does it really hold it's shape being surrounded by skin,which is thicker than it?I mean,wouldn't it collapse under the weight or pressure I'll say for lack of a better word,of your skin?I know this may sound like a dumb question,but you have to understand that I'm 30yrs.old,so when I did this the 1st time when I was young in the 90s,there was Hot Topic,Hot Topic,or Hot Topic to choose from.So you'd basically pay an arm & a leg for shitty quality stuff(I'm talking $25-$30 for a crappy pair of acrylic plugs;that's why back in the 90s,kids used to do their ears 1 at a time cause it was so expensive) & there wasn't much to choose from.There was no flexible plugs,or sites or places where you'd have a huge selection for cheap.So the 2nd time around,I was amazed at all the vast array of stuff now & how affordable it all was.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by deviantxy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:30 pm

From what I have read they don't 100% hold your ear as the size it is and it really depends on your ear. My right ear is up to 2g but I still wear some 4g jewelry however the moment I take my jewelry out of that ear it shrinks all the way up to nearly closed. But when I put the silicone tunnel in it just unfolds up to hug my ear and doesn't just collapse like you might think something so soft would.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by bradykay90 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:18 am

I have 7/16 lobes now but when I was a 00 my lobes would look like a 4g w/o the tunnels
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by akPhilly » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:01 pm

I know-that's why when people say '2g is the point of no return!' I can't believe that can be true for every single person in the world.I would have to agree that if I take out my tunnels,yeah,the hole itself really only looks like a 4 or so.I'm so tempted to try them on for just a second,but it's literally only been days that I've been at 00,so I'm going to hold off for at least a month or two,maybe even more.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by akPhilly » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:18 am

@devianxty-you were absolutely right;I decided to try one on for just a second,& it did exactly what you said,it just unfolded itself & held the hole open.Even if I press on the bottom of my ear,they feel quite firm,& don't seem as flexible as they do when you hold & squeeze them in your fingers.They're really nice;super easy to put in & comfy :P .So tempting to put in the other one & leave them in,but I know I have to take it out because it's just too soon for me to be wearing silicone.I'll have to be patient & put my glass ones back.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by ViolentJayne » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:45 pm

akPhilly wrote:@devianxty-you were absolutely right;I decided to try one on for just a second,& it did exactly what you said,it just unfolded itself & held the hole open.Even if I press on the bottom of my ear,they feel quite firm,& don't seem as flexible as they do when you hold & squeeze them in your fingers.They're really nice;super easy to put in & comfy :P .So tempting to put in the other one & leave them in,but I know I have to take it out because it's just too soon for me to be wearing silicone.I'll have to be patient & put my glass ones back.

as long as there are no open wounds its safe to wear them a week or so after you stretch . Just dont leave them in for more than a day without removing them at least for cleaning and lube . they can tend to dry out and get stuck in your eras ( not fused with the skin ) just gripped in there if you dont keep them nice and lubed ( they tend to dry my ears out if I wear them more than 2 days in a row and forget to lube ) but I tend to remove my plugs and clean them once a day so it usually isnt an issue
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by akPhilly » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:39 am

Yeah,some people say to rotate them when you wear them,but when I tried the one on for a second,it wouldn't rotate for whatever reason,& my ears weren't dry & I'd used lube.So I don't know why they wouldn't do that;they were the correct size,in fact,I measured them just to be sure,& they were actually a hair smaller than my current size(I'm at a 00g,& I've found that size seems to vary more than other sizes depending on the manufacturer-some seem to be 9mm,some 9.5,some 10mm.Guess that'll be another reason not to leave them in once I start wearing them in a while)
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

Return to Jewelry Discussion