Ear weights??

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by powpowrawr » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:29 am

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites that sell ear weights for cheap? I'm just looking for basic ear weights, nothing special just something that'll help me with stretching. Yes I know they thin out your ears but I just want them for short term wear til I reach 7/16. Thanks guys!
Lobes: 2g
Tattoos:
2 half sleeves and then some

Retired:
Industrial
Lip piercing
Eyebrow piercing
powpowrawr

by Michael shireman » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:42 am

I know 2 people who have stretched with ear weights past an inch and thir lobes didn't thin at all. As long as you don't use retardedly heavy jewelry you'll be fine lol
Current mods: 1 1/8ths inch lobes , 14g (right) labret

Vocalist for a progressive doom/death metal band called crossing the abyss \m/
Michael shireman

by CliftonGK1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Not sure what gauge the OP is/was at back when this thread started, but I just take things I have around my apartment and use them for weights. It's not like I'm wearing them to go to work or for a night on the town; just around my apartment in the evening after work.
Currently I'm going from 3/4" to 7/8" and I've got a couple of retired carabiners from my gear rack that I hang through my steel tunnels. It keeps the pressure even around the entire bottom edge of the lobe instead of just concentrating it on where the weight hangs.
CliftonGK1

by ireland896 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:57 am

Cheap ear weights Don't, well shouldn't, exist. Ear weights can be beautiful and healthy jewelry. They can also be incredibly damaging. Good jewelry manufacturers take things into consideration like physiology, biology, and anatomy in producing their products. I wear weights regularly and some of the things I have found in cheap weights are; different weight pieces, weights that do not hang at 90 degrees centered causing front or rear stress and possible tearing of the fistula(piercing hole), too heavy of weights or too thin of hooks will decrease blood circulation causing rejection or commonly called thinning of your lobes, as well as many surface imperfections that help as a breading area for bacteria. These are also things that I have seen in more expensive weights but on far fewer occasion. At sizes of less than a 5/8", I would recommend not stretching with weights as of yet because weights will more effectively stretch the whole section of your ears soft cartilage and not just the fistula. A less expensive and more successful way to stretch would be to wear a 3/8" (assuming your size) captive hoop and play with it often. Playing with your jewelry will increase blood circulation and stimulate new cell growth and allow you fistula to gain some slack. The weight of captive hoops at thicker diameters have enough weight to maintain light tension on new skin growth.
ireland896

Return to Jewelry Discussion