just got my new order in ! and stone question

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by ViolentJayne » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:42 pm

I really love hanging jewelry as you may already know so on thursday I ordered some more and WOW super fast shipping ! they already arrived :) and they are lovely .. ( keep in mind my ears are fully healed at 4 ga , Ive been at 4 ga since mid august) so I these lovelies are great for me but I wouldt recommend them in a fresh stretch . the turquoise is My first pair of stone jewelry ever and it was the same price for pinchers as single flare plugs and I think the pinchers are so much cuter and you can see much more of the stone .. any way I do have a question .. can you shower with stone turquoise ? I only ever shower with glass steal or acrylic .. I never take my horn or wood plugs in the shower but i do wash them with a damp cloth then dry them then blow dry then then oil them before I put them away ... would it be the same methood for stone or are they shower friendly ??

here is what they look like and let me tell you even prettier in person the red is a deep gorgous shade that looks amazing and the turquoise is even more variated than the pic shows :)

4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by stashapistachio » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:19 pm

I really really doubt the turquoise is turquoise. Its probably dyed howlite, which is a fair amount more porous. They are pretty!
Either way its not really that much of a problem getting them wet (though some stone is a lot less dense/more porous than others), they won't crack or anything. But its good to take plugs out in the shower anyways. Makes for squeaky clean ears! :D

But I wouldn't be blow drying your plugs. The changes in temperature could cause them to crack. Or catch fire, lol. And will definitely dehydrate them a LOT. Just leave them to dry on a towel/kitchen paper/etc before you oil them. Shouldn't take long!
stashapistachio

by ViolentJayne » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:25 pm

stashapistachio wrote:I really really doubt the turquoise is turquoise. Its probably dyed howlite, which is a fair amount more porous. They are pretty!
Either way its not really that much of a problem getting them wet (though some stone is a lot less dense/more porous than others), they won't crack or anything. But its good to take plugs out in the shower anyways. Makes for squeaky clean ears! :D

But I wouldn't be blow drying your plugs. The changes in temperature could cause them to crack. Or catch fire, lol. And will definitely dehydrate them a LOT. Just leave them to dry on a towel/kitchen paper/etc before you oil them. Shouldn't take long!

I used the no heat just air setting on the dryer i should have been more clear .. but Ill stop doing it any way lol ..

an yeah dont know if its real turqiouse or not . they said it was but who knows i was just glad it was actuall stone and not just dyed acrylic :)

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by stashapistachio » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:30 pm

Real turquoise tends to be super expensive and only come in small bits. Some of the fake stuff is super lovely though, some of it is strange and matte looking. I've got my eye one some greenish eyelets...

Lol, okay then. I doubt it does that much harm. But it won't be doing anything for them either.
I use baby wipes on mine, ha. I fail at 'damp cloth' otherwise XD
stashapistachio

by ViolentJayne » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:02 pm

I really didnt think of price and yes they were quite affordable lol so they are probably fake but oh well :) oh and I do usually take My jewelry out in the shower but like half way thru then set in on the counter after I clean it and My lobes .. and I just get so paranoid about the clenliness of organic jewelry and when I first started stretching I said the only organic Id wear was glass ( which is what made me wanna stretch to begin with lol ) but I said never never on bone and horn but after buying my first set of horn hangies I was hooked I love the look of organics but I just worry so much about like bacteria and stuff lurking in them ( and then when I eat like chicken i think oh gross this bone is like the bones in my ear lol ) .. oh well I guess its a risk Ill take for the beauty of them lol

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

Return to Jewelry Discussion