Looking for new tunnel

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Milkynips » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:29 pm

Hey. o.o
I've been looking around for a new tunnel at 00g. I was just wondering if any of you have had experience with tunnels in the past and could recommend any? I'm looking at the blackline, but they're so expensive o.o Are they worth the price? I'm looking around at black tunnels mainly. What d'ya think? o.o Any recommendations?
Milkynips

by saply » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Single-flared stainless steel is the best while healing and sleeping, then just wear whatever you like the rest of the time. Personally I don't really like tunnels (they're too 'teenager' for my tastes), but you're buying jewelry for you, not me. Are the blackline ones high quality? They might be worth the investment.
saply

by Milkynips » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:49 pm

They seem to be high quality from what I've heard. Here I can't seem to find them below £17.50 which is just under $30. Is this just a ridiculous price? Or would it be worth it? I'm not planning on stretching any more, and I only have a taper in at the moment o.o And it's the ugliest sight. So anything's an improvement eh? :D
Milkynips

by saply » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:58 am

Is that $30 for the pair? That's not too bad a price but I bet you could find them way cheaper online.
saply

by stashapistachio » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:42 pm

Blackline is the best quality PVD I've tried. It doesn't flake, but can fade a bit to grey.
Its titanium, so its going to cost more. There is PVD coated steel around too, or 'Mysterium', which is much cheaper. I haven't tried that, but its still Wildcat so I assume its pretty samey.

I don't really get the hype for blackline plugs though. Theres a ton of nicer, cheaper black/grey materials. Glass is suitable for fresh stretches, and no worry about fading/flaking/whatever. And after that theres stone, ebony, horn, silicone and so on....

I think its the best black for 'normal' piercings though :)
stashapistachio

by saply » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Ooh right, I forgot about glass. I wonder if they make glass tunnels?
saply

by stashapistachio » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Yep, both GG and GWS do. GG - 1", GWS - 3"
I bought mine in the blemished bin, and the only thing wrong with those is that the back flare is a bit cloudy. Yay for half price or cheaper! (though the BAF bins are all pretty empty atm)
stashapistachio

Return to Jewelry Discussion