Jewelry styles for guy's?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by kidkaos64 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:59 am

Just curious if anyone has an opinion on which styles of jewelry would be considered Strictly Guy's or are they pretty much unisex?
There is so many different Styles of Jewelry for the Ears that it seems somewhat confusing, and websites don't really say these are for guy's and these are for women or both.
By the way I'm an Older Guy in his late Forties trying to decide on new jewelry.

My ears are currently at 0g

Thanks in advance
kidkaos64

by That_guy_Ollie » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:11 am

Its pretty unisex and up to you... but i have never seen spirals look good on a guy
That_guy_Ollie

by stashapistachio » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:10 am

I dunno, my friend has a dinky black spiral and it looks nice (and masculine). Though a lot of hanging styles can end up looking girly.
My boyfriend just has plain no flare steel plugs at the moment, but he's got a nice varied selection waiting as his goal size. Mainly black, steel and a few wood things (he's after more wood), but thats just his taste. He used to wear steel pinchers, but then he kept stretching and they were too bulky/heavy for him.
I'm probably going to buy him some nice neutral-ish colour stone for xmas too. He likes brown/green/grey/etc.

Basically, whatever you like, buy :D
Excessive dangly, glitter or cutesy might look feminine, but some people could probably carry it off. Especially weights, yummy.
stashapistachio

by ast.riske » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:51 pm

I typically wear rings or plugs. I don't do hangies save for rings because they tend to look feminine. Most men I've seen tend to follow suit. plugs or rings.

That said, your style is your own and I have seen some guys wear hangies that look more tribal in nature, thus more masculine, but they aren't for me. This is where the art in body art comes in. You have to find the look you want that says something about you. : )

Stasha - as far as weights, they are definitely not meant for long-term wear. They can cause thinning lobes qt one point, which adds to the risk of a torn lobe. Just my $0.02.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by stashapistachio » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:13 pm

ast.riske wrote:Stasha - as far as weights, they are definitely not meant for long-term wear. They can cause thinning lobes qt one point, which adds to the risk of a torn lobe. Just my $0.02.

Oh I know that, BUT THEY'RE JUST SO PRETTY!
Like quite a few things I have(like my hanging glass stuff, or brass etc), I don't wear them often; but they really are kickass :D
They're a good manly-hanging-ness.
stashapistachio

by Corylikestogauge » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Pretty much anything looks good. Get someones opinion! or post some pictures. (:
Piercings:
5/8 taping method ears.
Lip ring 16g.

Tattoos:
Shoulder piece.

Goals:
Ear size, 1".
Corylikestogauge

Return to Jewelry Discussion