apparently if your edge, you can't have stretched lobes...

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by BroCore92 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:48 am

soooo as i was buying some kaos softwear eyelet plugs today, i overheard these two very loud and obnoxious hardcore elitests saying how straight edge kids shouldn't be allowed to have stretched lobes. they went on to say only certain people should be allowed to stretch their lobes.

The main point I'm making is... what the fuck? since when does what your personal beliefs or music interests or who you are in general have to do with whether or not your can or can't have body mods? I've been edge for 4 years (long story short: alcoholic dad, drug addicted extended family, became edge to become a better person and set a good example for my siblings and for hopefully my children one day.) and I know people that're anti-edge are really critical of the "edgees" and talk mad shit all day, but since when can that determine whether or not they should be able to body mod?

Even though I'm edge, I have A LOT of friends that aren't edge. Most edge people don't even care whethe or not someone drinks or doesn't drink. I mean sure you get the people who take it too seriously and only associate with people that're edge and shit, but in the end its a personal choice. Just like its a choice to not be straight edge. and at the end of the day people need to respect other people's choices or beliefs.

For the record I did not give these guys a piece of my mind or any of that jazz, I wasn't in the mood to argue with two intolerant dumbshits who obviously know nothing about respect or body-modding in general. It would be a waste of time and energy. Also arguing with someone in public is not gonna solve any problems either.

Bottom line is: No matter who you are, or what you do, or what you believe, you should be allowed to express yourself, whether its body mods or other things. While I do respect the fact that both these guys have freedom of speech and are allowed to think whatever they want, its very sad that they think that way.

Sorry for my long ass rant. I get pretty defensive over my right to mod :P I don't like people telling me what I can and can't do with my body, especially over something as dumb as whether I'm edge or not.
BroCore92

by ggallenfan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:29 am

I will show out of date or dumb I am, but what is "edge". :oops:
Not that it matters anyone should be allowed to do as they choose to their own bodies but just curious.
never take Life too seriously you will never make it out alive.
now 2G
ggallenfan

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:14 pm

'edge', or 'straight edge' is someone who doesn't drink, smoke, or have sex outside of a relationship, depending on what their beliefs are.

I am not edge myself, but I admire those of you who are.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by Deano » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:00 pm

This kids are retarded. I drink, so I guess I'm not edge, but I've never done illegal drugs, and I'm married and faithful. It doesn't mater that you have morals. Stretching is a personal thing, and I promise you that your lobes aren't going to quit steretching because of being edge. LOL.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

by Drrob » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:06 pm

My thoughts exactly, what ever we do is our own choice and no one should be allowed to force their opinions on others.
Some will take what they hear as gospel and others - many of them are on this site say " Sod Em " I am an individual and can do whatever I want.

United we stand - Divided we fall ! lol

Dr Rob.
Drrob

by Hybrid » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:41 pm

Haha, I was edge until last June when I graduated.... Now I drink and smoke K2 etc. I think people like this are crazy. I don't listen to any of there ignorant and retarded crap they say.
Hybrid

by BroCore92 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:49 pm

Just want to say this so this topic does not get out of hand, I by no means want to start any controversy, or a debate on the straight edge lifestyle or any of that jazz... I just think its sad that some people actually think stretching is only for a "chosen" group of people. I've seen really ghetto gangster dudes with stretched lobes at an inch. I've seen "preppy" girls with ears stretched up to 5/8ths. Body Modding isn't some exclusive club where people can say who is allowed to mod, and who isn't. And just for the record these guys were both at 12g and 4g and were both stretching incorrectly. Their ears were waaaaay unhealthy (gunk dripping out and all >_<) and the guy at 4g had such a bad blow-out it made me wanna barf... I mean this was the worst blow out I've ever seen (even though it wasn't that big, it was just so messed up and unhealthy. It was obvious its been around for a while and that he was only making it worse. It was like a freaking donut was hanging out of the back of his ear.)

So yeah. Not trying to cause controversy, ignorant people just piss me off, especially when they don't even know how to take care of their own mods, and say other people can't mod over something as dumb as whether or not they drink or smoke.
BroCore92

by BroCore92 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:56 pm

Deano wrote:This kids are retarded. I drink, so I guess I'm not edge, but I've never done illegal drugs, and I'm married and faithful. It doesn't mater that you have morals. Stretching is a personal thing, and I promise you that your lobes aren't going to quit steretching because of being edge. LOL.

I don't think you read my first post completely. The guys were saying that edge kids shouldn't be allowed to mod at all. and were acting like its some exclusive club that only people they approve of can join. I'm at a 0g, and I'm very aware that being edge has nothing to do with how well your ears can or can't stretch. that all depends on how well you take care of your ears, and your skin/ear/body(as in how your body reacts to stretching your lobes, not like weight or anything) type.
BroCore92

by WindowLicker » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:57 pm

Just to shut the kids down you should have asked where stretching originated...among tribes or peoples whom by today's standards would be considered barbaric that lived hundreds upon hundreds of years ago. Drinking or not drinking, having sex or not having sex, doing drugs or not doing drugs were never even part of the equation among these people. The sole reason was a sign of status, power, god/kingship, skill as a warrior, etc. I'll bet $50 these jackoffs were probably doing it because it's "hardcore" or "br00tal." I can't stand kids...
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by Deano » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:01 am

BroCore92 wrote:
Deano wrote:This kids are retarded. I drink, so I guess I'm not edge, but I've never done illegal drugs, and I'm married and faithful. It doesn't mater that you have morals. Stretching is a personal thing, and I promise you that your lobes aren't going to quit steretching because of being edge. LOL.

I don't think you read my first post completely. The guys were saying that edge kids shouldn't be allowed to mod at all. and were acting like its some exclusive club that only people they approve of can join. I'm at a 0g, and I'm very aware that being edge has nothing to do with how well your ears can or can't stretch. that all depends on how well you take care of your ears, and your skin/ear/body(as in how your body reacts to stretching your lobes, not like weight or anything) type.

I got what you were saying, I was just throwing in my piece and why I feel that they are retarded.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences