apparently if your edge, you can't have stretched lobes...

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Reezie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:03 am

Im "ME" forget being "edge" or "non-edge"! Why are we labeling ourselves? We all have the ability to decide what we want to wear, do or say. Mod Up, if thats your desire and no one can tell you different (provided you are an adult) if thats what you want. Good choice or bad one.
0g lobes. 6 Tattoos so far.
Reezie

by WindowLicker » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:07 am

Hybrid wrote:Haha, I was edge until last June when I graduated.... Now I drink and smoke K2 etc. I think people like this are crazy. I don't listen to any of there ignorant and retarded crap they say.

You really wanna stay away from K2 man...that stuff's worse than cigarettes or pretty much anything else out there. It messes with your brain.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by ggallenfan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:57 am

I would be an edge than, but as he pointed out we are getting off subject. This is what I have talked about in some other posts, and have tried to change. Just because I look different I am automaticly bad or not edge. As I have pointed out Ihave had cops fallow me and hurras me just because i am dressed different. most think if not dressed strange you must be, and normal is good so not normal must be bad.
never take Life too seriously you will never make it out alive.
now 2G
ggallenfan

by BroCore92 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:40 am

WindowLicker wrote:Just to shut the kids down you should have asked where stretching originated...among tribes or peoples whom by today's standards would be considered barbaric that lived hundreds upon hundreds of years ago. Drinking or not drinking, having sex or not having sex, doing drugs or not doing drugs were never even part of the equation among these people. The sole reason was a sign of status, power, god/kingship, skill as a warrior, etc. I'll bet $50 these jackoffs were probably doing it because it's "hardcore" or "br00tal." I can't stand kids...

I know right? They think they're hardcore, when they don't know the first thing about the hardcore genre. As soon as they started on about how "Bring Me The Horizon are the greatest hardcore band ever" I pretty much knew they were posers anyway. I'm not one to support labels, and I feel that everyone should be allowed to do and dress how ever they wanna dress, but these guys were such retards... if they were gonna label themselves, they should at least act like they know what their talking about.

the guy at the front desk of the tattoo/piercings place i was at asked them if they had even been to a hardcore show, and they were like "Whats a show? You mean like on tv?". I grew up in the NOVA (northern virginia) hardcore scene, and just recently moved to georgia, and I cannot believe how dumb these guys were. The guy at the front desk handled the situation pretty well and asked them if they even knew who Norma Jean and Attila were after they said how no bands from georgia have ever made it. They didn't. That shut them up lol.

Reezie wrote:Im "ME" forget being "edge" or "non-edge"! Why are we labeling ourselves? We all have the ability to decide what we want to wear, do or say. Mod Up, if thats your desire and no one can tell you different (provided you are an adult) if thats what you want. Good choice or bad one.

in my opinion its not really a label, but more of a lifestyle choice. I just abstain from Drinking and Smoking/abusing drugs. I don't think that would make me label myself, its just a lifestyle that appeals to me that I enjoy being a part of. It just happens to have key terms to address a member of the lifestyle as. I mean I wouldn't label a priest or a pastor as a jesus freak, just because he decided become a man of god, because thats his lifestyle choice.

I hate labels to be honest. They're annoying. I agree with what you're saying, I just don't view "edge" as a label, and just more of a shortened term.

ggallenfan wrote:I would be an edge than, but as he pointed out we are getting off subject. This is what I have talked about in some other posts, and have tried to change. Just because I look different I am automaticly bad or not edge. As I have pointed out Ihave had cops fallow me and hurras me just because i am dressed different. most think if not dressed strange you must be, and normal is good so not normal must be bad.

Cops just suck. mainly from where i used to live in Virginia (Loudoun County). they're a bunch of assholes. They would mess with kids just for fun, and used to plant pot in teenager's cars just because they didn't like how the kid looked or something along those lines. I used to have spiderbite piercings in and one cop asked me why i had them in, and I replied something along the lines of "I like them and they look good" and he said "oh ok... good to know homosexuals like having metal shit in their lips" Idk if he was drunk or some shit but calling me gay (I'm not) when he doesn't even know me is fucked up. God I hate loudoun county cops
BroCore92

by shellbournian » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:49 am

Incoming rant...

I'm sick of kids that don't understand that hardcore punk and straight edge are separate issues entirely. It was "Wine, Women and Song" up until 1977, when it became "Sex, Drugs and Rock n Roll" and now it's "Beer, Bitches and Breakdowns." These things belong together. "Straight edge bands" are a disgrace to not only rock n roll, but all Western tonal music since the Baroque era.

And to get back on topic, stretching your ears has even LESS to do with straight edge. Straight edge came from the belief among SOME people in the early punk scene that the government was going to control their minds through the use of illicit drugs. It only came to extend to promiscuity later on once the punk movement had already lost all meaning. So you can tell those "elitists" that they don't even know the history of their own music.

These damn kids wouldn't even know what straight edge was if they didn't look up hardcore punk on the internet and find out about Minor Threat. Bunch of posers, if you ask me.

By the way, I'm not saying that you're not a real rocker unless you drink beer and smoke pot, but rock n roll has always been about acceptance and community. Excluding some people from your secret club because of their personal choices is stupid. Especially since the majority of artists (not only in music) that have enriched all of our lives for the past thousand years or so WERE/ARE users. Fact.

/end rant
Current: 1/2" lobes
Retired: 14g industrial (left), 10g second holes, 16g rim (left)
shellbournian

by BroCore92 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:46 pm

shellbournian wrote:Incoming rant...

I'm sick of kids that don't understand that hardcore punk and straight edge are separate issues entirely. It was "Wine, Women and Song" up until 1977, when it became "Sex, Drugs and Rock n Roll" and now it's "Beer, Bitches and Breakdowns." These things belong together. "Straight edge bands" are a disgrace to not only rock n roll, but all Western tonal music since the Baroque era.

And to get back on topic, stretching your ears has even LESS to do with straight edge. Straight edge came from the belief among SOME people in the early punk scene that the government was going to control their minds through the use of illicit drugs. It only came to extend to promiscuity later on once the punk movement had already lost all meaning. So you can tell those "elitists" that they don't even know the history of their own music.

These damn kids wouldn't even know what straight edge was if they didn't look up hardcore punk on the internet and find out about Minor Threat. Bunch of posers, if you ask me.

By the way, I'm not saying that you're not a real rocker unless you drink beer and smoke pot, but rock n roll has always been about acceptance and community. Excluding some people from your secret club because of their personal choices is stupid. Especially since the majority of artists (not only in music) that have enriched all of our lives for the past thousand years or so WERE/ARE users. Fact.

/end rant

I do agree with you to a certain extent. Some kids (including myself) found out about the straight edge lifestyle through reading or documentaries (I've known about it since i was in 6th grade, been into punk rock since 4th grade... got into old school hardcore punk in 5th grade.) and since I don't want to be like family members of mine I went straight edge (i had struggled with a pain killer addiction for a while and I've been sober since my freshman year when i became edge).

I don't have a problem with people drinking or smoking, i just want to live a healthy lifestyle and set a good example for my siblings and others who may have gone through addiction. I have friends that smoke and drink, in fact the keyboardist/synth-ist in a band i was in was a huge pot head. Great guy, i love him to death, and i didn't think different of him just cuz he liked to smoke. its just not for me.

Also most "Legendary and Classic" albums would never have existed without drugs. Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, The Beatle's Sgt Peppers, and a bunch of other albums would never have come to be if they hadn't been high. I'm not straight edge because its trendy or its "in", I'm in it because I just want to do whats best for my body and for me, and that just is to abstain from drugs and alcohol... and about the sex thing... I'm in no way a virgin lol. i don't have permiscuous (spelling??) sex but I'm not a virgin lol.

These guys were just being dicks and were posers. Modding isn't a club, its a way of expression and just like they have the right to express their belief that SxE kids can't mod, everyone no matter who has the right to mod, as it is a way to express yourself.

What a lot of people need to realize is that if they want to be respected, they have to respect other people and their choices. If SxE kids want to be respected, they have to respect non edge people as well. Its just common sense. Personally idk why someone would get so pissed off whether someone did drink or smoke or didn't. its not that big of a deal. I'm honestly the only straight edge person in my group of friends, but because I show respect and I get respect back. I mean sure I do get teased in a playful way by some of my friends, but its all in good fun.

Anyway, yeah I agree with a lot of what your saying and you make very valid points... btw i agree that most straight edge hardcore bands aren't that good. I've yet to find one (besides minor threat obviously) that isn't terrible or cliche.
BroCore92

by Deano » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:42 pm

BroCore92 wrote:
Anyway, yeah I agree with a lot of what your saying and you make very valid points... btw i agree that most straight edge hardcore bands aren't that good. I've yet to find one (besides minor threat obviously) that isn't terrible or cliche.

Bleeding Through is sxe, but they are metalcore. IDK if you would consider them hardcore, but I think they are great, one of my favorite bands overall.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

by BroCore92 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Deano wrote:
BroCore92 wrote:

Bleeding Through is sxe, but they are metalcore. IDK if you would consider them hardcore, but I think they are great, one of my favorite bands overall.

I like them, but they're not really a "SxE hardcore band". the members are SxE but they don't talk about being straight edge. Straight Edge bands include: xAFBx, Liferuiner, Stick to Your Guns (one of the few SxE bands i think are actually good), and Throwdown.
BroCore92

by Deano » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:54 pm

OK, gotcha.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:58 pm

Certain people shouldn't be "allowed" to stretch their ears? WTF? Do they realize that some of the earliest civilizations stretched their ears? And I'm pretty sure those weren't hardcore kids. I hate hardcore music and that whole scene... there are a few nice people involved in it but for the most part they just look down on everyone for having their own personal tastes that don't fit perfectly into some stupid mold. Ugh.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

PreviousNext

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences