My Ear Stretching Process: Skipped 1 Size

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by SaedEcremE » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Okay so, since this is the experiences forum I've decided to go through the process of my stretching and the types of gauges I used etc. :D

14 gauge- My normal ear piercing
12 gauge- pincher: white with black splatters (March 2009)
10 gauge- pincher: light blue with silver splatters (November 2009)
8 gauge- taper: an AMAZING color red xD (December 2009)
6 gauge- taper: green and black checkered (February 2010)
4 gauge- taper: rasta colors ;) (August 2010)

Okay, so here's where I skipped a size. The reason: I wanted to impress people at my new school buy having a "big" size gauge. Because only 2 people had gauges then. Whom were both guys. Skipping size 2 hurt like a bitch, I'm not gonna lie. It bled for about week, and stayed at the same pain level the whole time. I was really worried I might get a blowout but thankfully I didn't. :D But it could have happened.. so that's why I recommend NOT to skip sizes. I won't ever do it again. xD

0 gauge- clear with silver sparkles (everyone said they kinda resembled a top hat) xD (August 2010)
00 gauge- white with black stars (December 2010)
7/16 gauge (current size)- Invader Zim (December 2010)

All the dates are not exact, but a rough estimate of when I put them in.

I love gauges.. xD
Last edited by SaedEcremE on Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7/16 gauge :D
SaedEcremE

by Deano » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:48 am

Ouch. I feel for your lobes. So, you went from 6 to 0 in August, then from 0 to 7/16" in December? That's rough. I mean, I'm no scientist, but it seems to me like you've skipped more than one size. IMO, stretching too fast is just the same as skipping sizes, so to me, you skipped 4 and 2, and now you skipped 00 this month. And, you said your lobes bled for about a week? Wow. You should really consider slowing down, and maybe downsizing. I can't make you, obviously, but if I were in your shoes, I'd downsize back to 4g ASAP. Good luck with whatever you choose to do, however.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

by SaedEcremE » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:42 am

Rofl. I only skipped one size? xD
At the beginning of August I put in size 4, then towards the middle/end I put in 0 tapers. If that helps understanding a little better? D:
And nah, I don't need too. They look like everyone elses ears I've compared them to at school without their gauges in.
And I've waited atleast 4 weeks or longer to put new ones in. But like I said, I don't remember the exact dates.
Thanks for the advice though.. but Ima stay where I am for now. Until next month when I put my 1/2 tapers in. :0
SaedEcremE

by Deano » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:18 am

Yep. Good luck.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:24 pm

not guages. you are stretching your lobes.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by SaedEcremE » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:29 pm

Rofl. Yes I know.
But I was told gauging, which I now know is wrong.
I'm just so used to it. >_<
My b.
I'll change the title.
SaedEcremE

by shellbournian » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:47 pm

TheGreyEyedMonster wrote:not guages. you are stretching your lobes.

haha I hate that. to gauge means to judge or make an estimate. that is to say, I GAUGE the size of my ears until it is time to stretch again. or in other terms: I gauge the gauge of my gauges until I can gauge them to the gauge I've gauged to be a large gauge, then buy new gauges.

I'm sorry, it's only 7 and I'm drunk already. HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Current: 1/2" lobes
Retired: 14g industrial (left), 10g second holes, 16g rim (left)
shellbournian

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:45 am

You actually skipped two sizes by going from 4G-0G... 2G-0G in itself is too big of a jump for most people. Anyway, I'm glad you haven't had any major damage but be careful! Also, never stretch to impress other people!!! Stretching is (usually) a permanent modification and you should only do it because YOU want to!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by WindowLicker » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:19 am

shellbournian wrote:I gauge the gauge of my gauges until I can gauge them to the gauge I've gauged to be a large gauge, then buy new gauges.

I'm sorry, it's only 7 and I'm drunk already. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Lol bravo. I've never met a drunk person that can actually make intelligent statements such as this one...however, they're not gauges...they're plugs, tunnels, pincers, horseshoes, tapers, eyelets, or spirals...or *insert jewelry style here*
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences