Skipping Sizes

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Beanie » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:58 am

Greetings to all fellow lobe-adventurers, my name is Beanie. I am going to document my perosnal stretching experience to try and warn some of you and provide reason into a most commonly asked question in the involvement of ear stretching, Skipping Sizes.

First of all, when you start of stretching, I seriously reccomend starting with a small size taper - Not a plug or a tunnel i.e, inserted by way of dead stretch. The reason for this being, Skipping large sizes when first beggining stretching can seriously and permanently damage your lobes, sometimes even to the point of no return. My first ever stretch was a 0mm to 6mm stretch ( 18g to 2g). I did this by numbing my ear for about half and hour then jamming a red 6mm taper into my lobe. This as you can imagine was extremley painful and I found myself with an ache that lasted for the next 3 days. As this was my first proper stretch, I took good care of it. I checked everyday for rips and gave it salt baths twice a day. But what I didnt know was that I had created vast amounts of scar tissue in my ear, which over the next few months of stretching caused my ears to rip and to bleed at every oppurtunity. I was soon at 8mm and over a period of 7 months, I had stretched both my lobes to 18.

Blowouts are rather common in ear stretching, particularly for people who do not clean their ears and skip sizes. At the time, I was using 18mm silicone tunnels (similar to KAOS silicone) to try and reach my goal of 20mm (3/4"). These tunnels were excellent, simple and easy to bend. Unfortunatley, because I skipped sizes, The silicone stretched out against my small lobe and ripped it to shreds as I skipped 6mm from 12mm to 18. This soon became infected, swollen and bulging with pus as it was nearly impossible to remove the tunnel without feeling nauseous because of the pain. This took over two weeks to heal, after i wrenched it out of my lobe and went to the doctors to fetch Foban cream, a healing cream that is good for infected and dry skin. After they healed and the pain was over, I was struck with a crust that spread all over the lobe and around my now downsized 10mm hole. This crust only responds to everyday use of Vitamin E oils and is irritating and sore.

I warn new stretchers to take the advice so commonly ignored, DO NOT SKIP SIZES. The pain is immense and do not dismiss the occurence of infection. If your lobes ever appear swollen and red and sore to the touch, visit a GP or family doctor.

The only good thing I have found from skipping sizes, is after the infection and dry crust is gone, your lobes are extremley stretchy and can safely skip 2mm a day without pain of uncomfortability. But it is seriously not worth the sleepless nights and aches.

I hope this has helped somebody, please leave feedback,

Cheers, Beanie.
Beanie

by WindowLicker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:40 am

How thin are your lobes? I'm guessing they're pretty thin since you did so much size skipping.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by Beanie » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:12 am

WindowLicker wrote:How thin are your lobes? I'm guessing they're pretty thin since you did so much size skipping.

Yeah, my lobes are rather thin but I take out my tunnels/tapers everyday and massage my ears with Vitamin E oil cream and then leave for half an hour. This feels good, and helps to fatten your lobes up. I only just put in my 20mm tunnel back in now, and my lobes are getting fatter by the week.
Beanie

by alliZILLA » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:07 pm

What kind of cream do you have?
I've been using this "fruit of the world" or somethingerrather.
It's really nice (:

Straight up vita e oil was too sticky and it felt like my ear hole got tighter, and i broke out all over there. not fun ):
tell me about the f%@&ing golf shoes.
have: 6g lobez
want: 0g
alliZILLA

by WindowLicker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:28 pm

The stuff I use is Vitamin E moisturizer...says somethin about the Swiss Alps on the front lol. It's like 8 bucks for a huge bottle and works pretty well, but I don't know if it's necessarily making my lobes thicker cause I've seen healthier ones. What're you usin Beanie?
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by Beanie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:04 am

alliZILLA wrote:What kind of cream do you have?
I've been using this "fruit of the world" or somethingerrather.
It's really nice (:

Straight up vita e oil was too sticky and it felt like my ear hole got tighter, and i broke out all over there. not fun ):

Hey dude, thanks for posting. Umm the cream I use is called "Macro- Skincare Essentials" its a Natural Vitamin E cream made with Vitamin A and Avocado oil. Its supposed to be for anti-ageing but my lobes love it. The main thing when using Vitamin E oils or creams is to make sure they are unscented and unperfumed. This is because there are agents in perfumes and scents that can damage your lobes and cause all kinds of problems.
The product your using sounds good, what are the ingredients?
Beanie

by Beanie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:08 am

WindowLicker wrote:The stuff I use is Vitamin E moisturizer...says somethin about the Swiss Alps on the front lol. It's like 8 bucks for a huge bottle and works pretty well, but I don't know if it's necessarily making my lobes thicker cause I've seen healthier ones. What're you usin Beanie?

Ahh the good old St. Ives Swiss Formula cream. I dont use this cream for my lobes as I find that it takes rather a while to work. The stuff I have is called Macro- Skincare Essentials and is an anti-ageing. I would probably reccomend visiting your local pharmacy and finding a small pot of unscented unperfumed Vitamin E cream to use on your ears, but as far as St. Ives goes, it is good and will moisturize your ears but it is more a body moisturizer than anything else.
Beanie

by WindowLicker » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:34 am

It gets the job done and I've still got way more than half the bottle left, so I'll just finish it up lol
WindowLicker

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences