Which stretch(es) did you find the hardest?

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Acacia » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:57 pm

Right now I'm somewhere between an 8g and 6g and getting the impression that it is harder than the previous ones... so I'm taking it ultra-slow, using a glass spiral and gradually nudging it through.

I'm getting a little bit unnerved about it actually, beacuse up till now, every stretch has just been completely painless, as in no pain at all, could'nt feel the difference at all. But now, this one is actually pinching and feeling a little tender. I wouldn't call it actual pain at all, but it is a little uncomfortable and I haven't tried that before :? There is no swelling or redness or blood or anything, looking at it, it looks completely normal, but I can feel that tingly-pinchy sensation on and off, even though it has been a few hours since I put it in.

What are your experiences?
Which did you find the hardest and how did you go about getting through that stretch?
Last edited by Acacia on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acacia

by WindowLicker » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:32 pm

I felt the same thing when I went from 8-6 except I just pushed a taper through my ear. It should be gone by the end of the day. Most people say 2-0 is the hardest, but I actually found that to be one of the easiest. I know it was stupid of me to do this, but I just pushed a double flared plug through and it went in no problem. The hardest for me though was 00-7/16. For whatever reason I just couldn't seem to get my ears to stretch right, no matter what I used. Finally after a couple weeks of trying and almost giving up I finally got there :)
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by Hybrid » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:59 pm

I know that some people don't like wearing spirals or tapers. I'm not really picky, but I try to avoid it, if my ears aren't ready to go all the way at once, I wait longer. not really sure about the pinchy tenderness, I havn't done that stretch yet, still working my way to it.
Hybrid

by Acacia » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:48 pm

I really like spirals (glass) because they allow for a slow stretch. That way I feel more sure about not accidentally hurting my ears.

It would make sense that 2-0 is a hard one, since it is quite a big difference in size. I very much plan to go to 1g first.
Acacia

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:50 pm

8G-6G was my hardest, too. Not really much you can do besides wait... you can try to tape but it can be pretty tricky at those sizes, especially if your hands are clumsy like mine. I wouldn't recommend stretching slowly with a spiral because your stretch will be uneven, like the back of the hole will be smaller than the front for a while, if that makes sense.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Gutterflower » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:06 am

:lol: I'm worried about my 8-6g stretch, too. My 12-10g stretch had that uncomfortable feeling where it looked fine but felt weird. Had no dramas with it, but I'm so paranoid about ruining my ears.

Once you're comfortably in-between you could always try tapering and see if you've stretched enough to get the taper through? Rather than using the spiral for the entire stretch. That way you'll end up with something a bit more even.
All the way from the land of the self-conscious zombies.
................The food service industry there is really goddamn terrible.
Gutterflower

by Hybrid » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:34 am

I made it to 12g now! I just had a slight sting to it, more like just some pressure there. It looks fine, but its def. been the hardest so far.
Hybrid

by Gutterflower » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:52 am

It's good that you're taking it slowly and being sensible about it though. :D Your lobes will pretty much be perfect by the time you're done.
Gutterflower

by Hybrid » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:18 am

Yeah I waited three weeks in between sizes, I really like that I have steel eyelets and plugs in this size and in 10g. I'm only stretching to about 6g becaues I only have one ear pierced. I'm lucky my ears are really stretchy, and seem to heal quickly. I'm definately taking it slow though. I'm just pumped that you can see light through it now!!!
Hybrid

by Gutterflower » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:03 am

I was like that at 12g, too! I was so excited, even though nobody else could see the light. :P I got a stretching kit with tapers and tunnels so I'd have everything I needed when I started. Buying all the jewelry would get really expensive. But I've realized that after 8g I'll have to buy jewelry anyway because I can't have tunnels in at work. :|
Gutterflower

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences