switching out plugs

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by BroCore92 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:19 am

ok so my gf bought me a one year present (2g pincher/ plug pack :D) and popped the pinchers in immediately :D so after about a 2 weeks i switched out the pinchers for the plugs and i sanitized the pinchers and while i was sanitizing them they fell on the floor and broke in half... they were half red half black ones that were 2 halves of two color pinchers glued together. the plugs are the same way. how long should i wait before i switch them out with better quality plugs from hot topic? like should i wait for my ears to stretch a little more? or should i save up for the plugs and buy them as soon as i can?
BroCore92

by WindowLicker » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:46 am

If the plugs are still in one piece just keep those in for the time being, but if you're planning on stretching up i'd go ahead and buy a 0g taper/plug pack. Just keep the 2g you have in right now till you're ready for 0g
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by shellbournian » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:56 am

DON'T buy jewelry from hot topic. its all garbage and they charge too much for it.. for the cost of a few dollars shipping, you can get way higher quality jewelry from online stores and probably end up SAVING money. those taper and plug packs are probably the worst. they cost about $14 when you can get the same acrylic taper and plugs for about $5-6 on most websites.

I highly recommend http://steelnavel.com/. The jewelry is priced very low, the shipping is MUCH less than BAF and I usually get my stuff in two or three days.
Current: 1/2" lobes
Retired: 14g industrial (left), 10g second holes, 16g rim (left)
shellbournian

by WindowLicker » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:59 am

Shell's right actually now that I think about it. I've always gone for the convenience of havin the plugs in my hand when I want em. Aside from the Kaos ear skin and silicone plugs you can get there most of the stuff isn't that great. The best thing to get as far as tapers are surgical steal or glass ones as they have fewer pores in them leaving less room for any sort of infection, but you'll pay for it. If you're lookin to save cash the acrylics will certainly get the job done.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by Acacia » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Acacia

by stashapistachio » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:01 pm

I like steelnavel and http://www.bodyartforms.com.
LOADS of stuff. Though I tend to use BAF more often, just cause I don't get customs fees XD
stashapistachio

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences