Surprising reactions...

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Gutterflower » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:29 am

I just wanted to share this with you guys as it's something that I've found has happened a few times.

I know there's a post on negative reactions a few lines down from this topic, but I've had more good reactions than bad ones. Actually, the most surprising has been my parents. They're both quite conservative, but over the past few years they seem to have realized that my fascination with body mods isn't going to die off so they've come to a point of acceptance and almost encouragement.

My mum came with me a few years back when I got my nipples pierced despite her initial horror, and for my first two tattoos, my dad came with me. I'm pretty close to my parents, and they've accepted me through all of my choices (phases or otherwise). I've had roughly a billion piercings ( :P ) and they've never told me they thought it was disgusting.

I thought stretching my lobes would be a bit much for them, but I was soaking my lobes the other day in these awkward little shot glasses (which I'm sure looks hilarious to everybody who sees me doing it) and when I took them out to the kitchen to wash them, my dad looked at me and said "Oh, are those for your earlobes?" and looked at my ears, then said "Cool." I know he doesn't like it, but the fact that he accepts it as something that I love was kind of reassuring.

Obviously I'm a huge nerd for all this but I guess I just wanted to share.
All the way from the land of the self-conscious zombies.
................The food service industry there is really goddamn terrible.
Gutterflower

by WindowLicker » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:04 am

I wouldn't call this negative or positive, but it was definately pretty funny. I was out to eat with my grandma a coupe weeks ago and these little kids, probably about 6 years old came walking by. One of them looked at me, did a double take, got really close and just gawked at my ears from about a foot away with a face that looked something like :shock: I kinda ignored him at first, then when I couldn't help but start laughing I turned and made a goofy face at the kid. He ran off and got his siblings, who then followed his example and stared at the freak sitting in the booth lol
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by stashapistachio » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:03 am

I had that with a whole birthday party of kids sat behind me in mcdonalds.
They turned around the seat and stod up to gawk.
It was weird... Normally I'm fine with starey people, but I wanted to punch these lot.

Also, its surprising what people say on the bus when they think you can't hear them through headphones. I like listening to their whole conversation, then staring at them smiling. They generally look shell-shocked. Most funny :)
stashapistachio

by WindowLicker » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:14 am

Always fun to screw with people's minds, isn't it? :P
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by Acacia » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:14 am

Gutterflower- how wonderful :)
Acacia

by BroCore92 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:11 am

lol thats awesome. my parents still hate it, my mom less so but still. my brothers love my stretched ears and tell all the kids at the church we go to about them, so they sorta make take my plugs out to show my ears off to their friends. its pretty funny watching a bunch of 8 year olds be both amazed and freaked out by my 2g lobes (i know tiny :P) but yeah its pretty funny.
BroCore92

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:58 am

haha i love doind that. all these kids got fake ass 'guages' and when they ask if mine are real i just take em out and let em see the hole lol a lot of em freak
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by WindowLicker » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:07 am

I work with a large group of latinos who all call me diablo because of my ears lol. It's great comin in after stretchin up a size or so and poppin em out and putting my finger through my ear or somethin. My favorite was when I stuck a bunch of straws together, fed em through my lobes, then started walkin around near em drinkin my soda...they were freakin out thinkin i was a spawn of satan lol
WindowLicker

by Gutterflower » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:30 am

I guess I've never understood why people find it so shocking, but it might be because I'm into things like that and it's never bothered me any. I don't see very many people in my town with stretched ears, but the ones I've met have all been pretty amazing people. It's just a bit tragic that they get judged because, oh my god, they like to have bigger holes in their ears than your standard earring.

Fake gauges look ridiculous... especially bigger ones. It's not like people can't tell because your earlobe is clearly not stretched, you've just got a really tacky piece of jewelry stuck through your regular piercing. If you're gonna do it... just do it right. :P

LOL. 2g isn't tiny to me. I'm only 12g so far. I'm taking it... agonizingly slowly... ugh my poor patience, it's being tested.
All the way from the land of the self-conscious zombies.
................The food service industry there is really goddamn terrible.
Gutterflower

by WindowLicker » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:43 am

Basically in their mind rather than seeing it as a body mod to express yourself, art, whatever, they look at it as another angry young kid cryin out for attention. They like to label something without truly doing any kind of investigation themselves. In all honesty I welcome the stares and such just so I can go up to the people and prove them wrong. Couple weeks ago an older couple came in to where I work at. They wouldn't quit staring at me and they were whispering to eachother. I went over and struck up a conversation with them, now they're regulars. They've never given me a weird look since.
WindowLicker

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences