What is a good age to start stretching?

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by loiselisabeth » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:55 am

he was even younger than 13, to get to 1 inch lobes...

I think that is too young, I'm almost 17 and I've wanted to stretch my ears since I was 14, but I found myself too young. But now I'm stretching for 3 months, and I'm at 8g now.
0g lobe
loiselisabeth

by Deano » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:27 am

I can't say much on the topic, because I did time in the military, so I wasn't allowed to have piercings, and I grew up in an ultra-conservative home. I didn't get my first piercing until this year, at 23 years old. However, I would allow my daughter to have her ears pierced whenever she is old enough to take care of them herself, but I would not want her to stretch to anything past about 8g before she was 16. I think the guidelines that have been posted are roughly what I would prefer for my daughter.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

by Reezie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:25 pm

I started at age 32. Im 33 now just had my Bday this month. Its something ive always wanted to do, but never had or bothered to aquire the info about it so I was always afraid to do it. I have had other mods (nipples, tougne)and have a few tats. I was also fairly "sheltered" for the first 20-some odd years of my life. I eventually plan to have a sleeve down the road. You only have one life...enjoy it.
0g lobes. 6 Tattoos so far.
Reezie

by WeAreWormwood » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:18 am

I don't think there's a good age to start stretching, just a level of maturity. Some kids are far smarter and more sensible at 13 than others are at 20. Although it seems like everyone in the area i hang around in, no matter what age, has started stretching recently with no real regard for the health of their ears, and simply assume it'll go back.
Mods

10mm left lobe
78mm right lobe
1.6mm tongue
1.6mm nipples

Retired

1.2mm Spiderbites
WeAreWormwood

by luckykidd » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:01 am

Im 15 and I have been stretching my ears for a few months now, I'm at an 8g (for now) lol and I have wanted stretched ears forever and I understand that 9 out of 10 they wont close back up and im fine with that. :D
Have
0G lobes
helix(R)
Double pierced lobes
Nostril(R)

Want
1/2" lobes
Spider bites(L)
Lots of ink

Im Faith
luckykidd

by DubstepPanda » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:11 am

I agree with everything shellbournian has said.

I don't want to have children, but if I did adopt, I would let them stretch when they turned twelve. Of course, I would be there to watch them/provide precautions and assist them and/or make sure they're not effin' up their ears like 90% of people I know with stretched ears do.

And I wouldn't let them go past 00g until they reached high school. I'd also not let them go past 1" until they were 17.

They can also get whatever (except for genital, LOL) pierced when they're 15+. No tattoos until 18, though; and only after a long and thoughtful deliberation.

As long as my kids are being smart and safe and know all the possible outcomes of stretched ears and other body modifications, I have nothing to worry about and I will let them have free reign with their own bodies.

In my opinion, 13 is too young for 1-1/4" sized lobes unless he is completely mature. I don't even know what his parents are doing. At least wait until you're 15.

Christ. When I was 13, I thought I was mature because I'd spend 98% of my time reading or learning. Now that I think back on it, I remember I thought that colored skinny jeans were cool and that I was totally gonna be best friends with the girls from that horrible scene-kid band, "Millionaires." and marry Zack Merrick from that horrible 12y.o. girl-aimed band, "All Time Low," no offense to anyone who likes them.
CURRENT:
Left lobe: 5/8". Right lobe: 9/16"
Goal size: 3/4" (both ears)

RETIRED:
16g Snakebites(x2)
14g Septum.

SOON:
Snakebites again.
DubstepPanda

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:24 pm

The idea of a 12-year-old stretching is just crazy to me. I was VERY mature throughout my adolescent/teenage years and but I still know I wouldn't have been mature enough to have a permanent body modification. There is no reason why kids can't wait until they're older to have stretched ears, tattoos, and piercings. I never got ANY piercings (except lobes that were taken out in a couple years) until I was 18 and waiting didn't do me any harm.

Not saying that everyone has to wait until 18 for all piercings, but at least the permanent ones. In my opinion, you should never get anything visible that can't be removed until you are 100% sure that you'll have a career that allows it. A 12-year old can't say "well someday I'm going to be famous and so I can get whatever body mods I want!" because it doesn't always work out that way.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by BalamDelMonte » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:09 pm

yeah, that seems a bit too much for a 13 yo. my cousin's friend was stretching at that age. he is 16 now with an inch. i just turned 19 in April(when i started stretching), and i didn't have any type of body mod until i pierced my ears this past December at 14g. i am now at 6g.
BalamDelMonte

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:41 am

thats the exact reason im not running out to get a tattoo when i turn 18, even though i know what i want to get.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by soundandfury » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:16 am

This could go so hand and hand... i think it all depends on the parenting but there are a few things to say about this.
- I dont think a 13 year is capable of making such permanent decisions. With respects to that, the fact is they do all the time its just these decisions are more socially accepted or can be hidden easier then streched ears.
- If it was something a 13 year was REALLY into for some good reasons then the parents should walk through it with them, almost like a ceremonial thing. At a certain age or show of maturity let him go up, kinda like African tribes do things ( which almost seemd suiting as its streching)
- Its also a way of life and what 13 year old knows what hes to be FOR LIFE. I feel it paths a permanent path all too much. It would make him/her feel like they had to be something because its so permanent, streching - a bit of an outcast. With respect to that, they could see it as a mistake they made and continue on with there lives, happens all the time, though i do think the 1st one happens more. All depends on the person.
phew.
Good question though, i really did like to think about that. wonderful.
soundandfury

PreviousNext

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences