What is a good age to start stretching?

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by ChartwellKerr » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:09 pm

So i was browsing through stretching vids on youtube this morning and found one in particular that sparked my interest. This kid I was watching looked pretty young for the size his ears were at (1 inch, 25mm), and in the comments he posted that he was 13 years old. Now i never will down talk anyone but a 13 year old with inch ears puts me in an uneasy position because of how young he is.
I have been modding since i was 16 years old but in my opinion, 16 is still quite young to be modifying your body permanently. I may be wrong and please bring in the criticism but my question to all of you is, is 13 too young to be at an inch? Do you feel old/mature enough to be making those kids of decisions when you are 13 years old?
*keep in mind that i am all for modding, and i will be modded for the rest of my life, so i have nothing against it!*

Cheers
- So put your faith, in more than steel. Don't store your treasures up, with moth and rust where thieves break in and steal.

Piercings:
1" Ears
16g Nose ring
10g Frenum
Tattoos:
Right Sleeve
Chest piece
ChartwellKerr

by ickyvicki » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:13 pm

eek yea i am tOtally dOwn fOr bOdy mOd, and I think stretched ears are sO gOrgeOus, but if that kid was mine i wOuldn't let him start at 13! 13 is still a baby! 16 I guess is a decent age, that is arOund when i had started.
ickyvicki

by ChartwellKerr » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:46 am

Yeah i kinda wonder what the parents are saying with a 13 year old kid that's running with inch lobes haha

*update* the kids ears are now 1 1/4''...* WOOO damn thats big for him
- So put your faith, in more than steel. Don't store your treasures up, with moth and rust where thieves break in and steal.

Piercings:
1" Ears
16g Nose ring
10g Frenum
Tattoos:
Right Sleeve
Chest piece
ChartwellKerr

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:09 am

if hes at an inch he probably stretched really fast. also if i did some of the things i wanted to do to my body permanently id be seriously fucked up. i had no sense at 13 i still dont and i dont think you should be doing these kinds of permanent things to your body at such a young age.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by ohheavensno » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:34 am

well. i'm 13. i only have 6gs though.
i have 3 friends. two have 00's and one has an inch.
they're all 14.
ohheavensno

by ChartwellKerr » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:37 am

I guess stretching is becoming a trend earlier and earlier...
i do hate that its a trend now'a'days, and that people only do it to look cool...
kids starting to get into it dont realize its a lifestyle.

Piercings:
1" Ears
16g Nose ring
10g Frenum
Tattoos:
Right Sleeve
Chest piece
ChartwellKerr

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 am

Wow, if he's 13 and at an inch he probably stretched waaaaaay too fast!

Anyway, if I had children I'd let them get their ears pierced (with needles at 14G or 16G) probably around age 10. But only if they were willing to take care of it, and be patient enough to do sea salt soaks. If they were interested in stretching, I'd let them have 8G and below probably around 14-15 since that size doesn't look much different than a "normal" piercing when the jewelry's out. Then when they were 16-17 they could move up a size or two, and when they turned 18 they could do whatever they wanted. I'd still remind them that they need to think about their future careers, though. I'd also be there to remind them how to stretch safely.

Those numbers aren't set in stone, that's just how I see myself dealing with my hypothetical children wanting to stretch their ears. =)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:44 am

ChartwellKerr wrote:kids starting to get into it dont realize its a lifestyle.

This is exactly it! And I think there's a popular misconception that stretched ears of almost any size will close up.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ChartwellKerr » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:30 am

i totally agree with your idea on what age to get what gauge, that's probably the best way to do it :)
but yeah i think that kids think that stretching is just another piercing, when its clearly not. Its not something that you can take out like eg. lip ring/nose ring and only leave a small small mark. This is something that you will either have to get surgery to sew up or just live with an irregular size hole in your ear for the rest of your life.
kids these days ;)

Piercings:
1" Ears
16g Nose ring
10g Frenum
Tattoos:
Right Sleeve
Chest piece
ChartwellKerr

by Acacia » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:41 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:Wow, if he's 13 and at an inch he probably stretched waaaaaay too fast!

Anyway, if I had children I'd let them get their ears pierced (with needles at 14G or 16G) probably around age 10. But only if they were willing to take care of it, and be patient enough to do sea salt soaks. If they were interested in stretching, I'd let them have 8G and below probably around 14-15 since that size doesn't look much different than a "normal" piercing when the jewelry's out. Then when they were 16-17 they could move up a size or two, and when they turned 18 they could do whatever they wanted. I'd still remind them that they need to think about their future careers, though. I'd also be there to remind them how to stretch safely.

Those numbers aren't set in stone, that's just how I see myself dealing with my hypothetical children wanting to stretch their ears. =)

I feel the exact same way- and I have a daughter, 4 years old and the timeline you just mentioned is pretty much what I'm thinking, if she says she wants piercings/ to stretch.
Acacia

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences