What is a good age to start stretching?

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Kayn9ne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:48 am

I think a good age would be around 16 thats when I got my first tattoo I think at least by that age you know a little more about future plans with your body, 13 would be way to young at least for 1" plugs
Lobes 25mm
Snake bites 16g
Tattoos all over the place
Kayn9ne

by Nic » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:46 am

lol i know many people that stretched there ears about the same time i started an they ended up takin em out. They clearly didnt get it. I am in this shit for the longhaul. I want my ears to look how they do for the rest of life. At 13 theres a big chance they didnt take into account all factors. Sum people cant handle being judged, at 13 there is almost no way u know for sure u want that.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by shellbournian » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:41 pm

Imho I think that's totally okay. I recall seeing a picture of Thai child around 6 years old with huge lobes online somewhere.

Need I remind everyone that stretching (and tattoos for that matter) are as old as human existence. Otzi the Iceman had ~11mm lobes. Tutankhamen had ~10mm lobes.

In contemporary culture (in the US at least, what say you UK folks?), age is completely arbitrary. I guess what I'm saying is that no matter how old you are, there's nothing wrong with doing anything you're comfortable with. What's next? How old is "too old" to stretch your ears?
Current: 1/2" lobes
Retired: 14g industrial (left), 10g second holes, 16g rim (left)
shellbournian

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:30 am

Yeah, but doing something that could become a permanant part of your body is a pretty adult decision to make. I wouldn't support a 13-year-old getting a tattoo and I think ear-stretching is the same thing.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by shellbournian » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:07 pm

Kids in high school have to make choices of whether or not to take certain AP classes so they can have an easier time going to certain colleges that cost tens of thousands of dollars a semester. If they're mature enough to decide their life 18-21 (and beyond!) and make that decision at 14, why can't they be mature enough to put a plug in their ear?

It's not like stretching is going to give you cancer or something. Most kids around this age (at least the people I hung out with) are getting into drinking and smoking at this age. I'd be more concerned about that then a little hole in your ear. At the end of the day, they're just ear lobes.

Not trying to start an argument, just saying.
Current: 1/2" lobes
Retired: 14g industrial (left), 10g second holes, 16g rim (left)
shellbournian

by Boffey » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:19 pm

Im 15 and my left lobe is at 1/2 inch, its my goal size and i dont want to go any bigger. I always wanted stretched lobes since i was like 12, and earlier this year i thought i'd try and do it.
Piercings
Left Lobe 12mm
Left Rook
Right Helix

Wishlist
Right Lobe 12mm
Seccond Right Helix
Left side lower lip

o, and im Alex by the way :)
Boffey

by ms.doomsday » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:16 pm

i started stretching at 13.

whatever age he was when he started is certainly too young to know its really what you wanna do..

after all, theres always surgery.
I speak from experience.
Stretching for 8 yrs. Current size: 3/4"
Bad Habits Galore. Not Easily Offended.
ms.doomsday

by WindowLicker » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:23 pm

It pisses me off what parents let their kids do nowadays like playing the games they play and watch the movies they watch. Stretching however, is new knowledge to me. Stretching isn't that big in my area, mostly just country hicks and jocks, or if you go further into the county you hit the rich areas with snobby douche bags. No 13 year old kid should be walking around with lobes stretched that big. I agree with some of you, where it's ok for them to be at a smaller size gauge because if they decide they don't want their ears stretched then they can always take them out and they'll heal right up, but a freakin inch is ridiculous. My parents didn't even let me get my ears pierced or get a tat until I turned 18. I don't think I'll be that strict with my kids, but I certainly won't let them start stretching that big that young.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:06 am

shellbournian wrote:Kids in high school have to make choices of whether or not to take certain AP classes so they can have an easier time going to certain colleges that cost tens of thousands of dollars a semester. If they're mature enough to decide their life 18-21 (and beyond!) and make that decision at 14, why can't they be mature enough to put a plug in their ear?

It's not like stretching is going to give you cancer or something. Most kids around this age (at least the people I hung out with) are getting into drinking and smoking at this age. I'd be more concerned about that then a little hole in your ear. At the end of the day, they're just ear lobes.

Not trying to start an argument, just saying.

Eh, school counselors/principals and stuff act like everyone has to decide their future in high school but who actually does that? I wasn't 100% sure what I wanted to do with my life until my third semester of college.
And even if you do decide what you want to do at a young age (like if you decide you want a career that'll allow stretched lobes), there's no guarantee you'll get that career. There's also no way of knowing how long it'll take and what other jobs you'll have to do in the meantime. A lot of people think they'll never have to work with the public for a less-than-ideal wage but it might have to do if you have bills to pay.
A lot of what I'm saying comes from seeing my boyfriend get turned down for jobs because he has visible tattoos that he got when he was younger. Permanent body mods can wait. I'm not saying a teenager can't have small stretches, but there's no reason for a 13-year-old to have one-inch lobes.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by anzia768 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:04 am

I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up and I'm 29yo.
anzia768

PreviousNext

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences