why wont my plug go in from the back??

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by AceWitThaLobes » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:51 pm

im curious as to why its SUPER EASY to get my plugs in when i put them in from the front of my ear but if i try to put the same plug in from the back side of my ear it goes in but i have to coax it thru kinda? do blowouts have anything to do with this? ive had a total of 3 between both ears (yea yea yea i know i know but they are healthy now and have been for a long while). just wondering why...also i heard that putting ur plug in in this fashion will reverse blowouts??? any truth to that?

p.s. ive always put my plugs in from the front of my ear, almost never the back.. maybe they get that way out of habit? idk....
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by ViolentJayne » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:34 pm

My plugs go in just as easy from the front or back , but Ive never had a blow out . I am willing to bet that your blow outs were on the back of your ear which causes a rim or lip of scar tissue , and thats why they are tougher going in that way . Yes I have heard that putting your plug thru in reverse can help a blow out BUT only when the blow out is fresh (ie open wound) . You would be essentially tucking the blown out rim of tissue into the hole with the plug and the theory/hope is that the pushed in rim will re adhere and heal back into the correct position ... If I were you Id make a habit or inserting the plug in thru the back to try and get your ear used to it - May or may not help .. as always do those vit e massages
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by deviantxy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:37 pm

You're not alone. Mine do that too. Honestly I think mine has to do with being pierced with a gun. But I don't know its kind of annoying. I always stretch from the back with tapers because it would be near impossible to get jewelry in from the front because the back of my ear just seems to close off on the gap between the taper and tunnel. Which is why concave tapers are better but I already bought a flat ended set before I knew. And btw I have never had a blow out or any sort of stretching mishap with my ears.
Last edited by deviantxy on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by sh4ky » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:09 am

I have similar issues. Just when trying to put tunnels in after a fresh stretch both with tape or tapers I find it hardest to get them through the rear most layer of my lobe even though the appropriate sized taper went in easily. And that's with all three lobe piercings across both lobes. I have never had anything close to a blowout in any hole either. I think it's just that my lobes are generally not real stretchy, especially the back of them.
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in

Piercings:
Left lobe- 00g first hole, 2g second hole
Right lobe- 0g
Right helix rim- 14g x3 around top
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

by AceWitThaLobes » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:41 pm

i think it might have something to do with scar tissue, from getting them gunned to start with, the a couple blow outs made it worse probably. i dont care anymore, i just put them in from the front and call it a day lol. sometimes i can get it in from the back with no trouble after a good oil massage now.
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by sh4ky » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Maybe something in that. All my lobe piercings are gunned ones (before I too knew better!) so yeah could be the issue. I have stretched two other piercings (needle done ones) elsewhere on my body and its only the lobes that have this issue.
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in

Piercings:
Left lobe- 00g first hole, 2g second hole
Right lobe- 0g
Right helix rim- 14g x3 around top
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences