Time to Stretch instead of taper used Taping..Tore my ear!

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by DarkCustom13 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:20 pm

Well it was time for me to stretch up to the next size my ears felt fine and ready! Instead of useing the Taper that i have ..I decided to try tapping since its referred to as a safer slower stretch. So i raped a layer of PTFE tape around my 8g plug and massaged my ear with V E oil and lubed up my Plug with V E oil and started pushing it threw. Well in short it tore my ear pretty bad! I pulled it out and dark reddish black bubbles formed and my hole swelled shut. It was like even tho lubed the PTFE tape clung and pulled the skin! My take of stretching with tape is its not for smaller sizes!!! Well now im back to square 1 with my left ear and im guessing im going to have major scar tissue in it when i go to stretch to bigger sizes down the road.. Im about ready to give up on stretching all together! Went to 2 different piercing shops in the area and they both told me the same thing. Clean it really good do a salt soak try get the plug back in and then leave it go for 6 weeks and do daily salt soaks! So i got the plug back in and doing soaks! Hopefully it will turn out ok. I doubt it tho..
DarkCustom13

by Dowa2bp » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:30 pm

DarkCustom13 wrote:Well it was time for me to stretch up to the next size my ears felt fine and ready! Instead of useing the Taper that i have ..I decided to try tapping since its referred to as a safer slower stretch. So i >> raped << a layer of PTFE tape around my 8g plug and massaged my ear with V E oil and lubed up my Plug with V E oil and started pushing it threw. Well in short it tore my ear pretty bad! I pulled it out and dark reddish black bubbles formed and my hole swelled shut. It was like even tho lubed the PTFE tape clung and pulled the skin! Well now im back to square 1 with my left ear and im guessing im going to have major scar tissue in it when i go to stretch to bigger sizes down the road.. Im about ready to give up on stretching all together!

XD "raped" Well That's Your Issue Right There, Lol I'm Just Kidding Though A Little Humor To Help You Out ^_^

But Seriously o.O That Does Sound Painful, I Don't Know Much About Taping Cause It Sounded Iffy To Me So I Don't Do It. I Just Use Tapers Maybe At Around 0g I'll Look Into Taping, But No Promises On That One..

I Do Hope Your Ear Heals Though!
Have:
4g Left Lobe - 9.5 Right Lobe

Want:
I Think 10mm or 11mm
(Stopping at 11mm)
Dowa2bp

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:13 pm

Ouch! You might want to go down another size just to take the pressure off your ear, which will reduce the chance of it forming scar tissue. Honestly I think you'll be fine once everything heals. Keep doing sea salt soaks and when it heals up, do daily oil massages. I don't think one little mishap will ruin your ear forever, especially since you took the right steps by removing the tape instead of trying to keep stretching anyway like some people would.

That's why I've never used tape; it always felt so tight and rough in my ears and I was always afraid that would happen if I left it in. A lot of people swear by tape but I think others just weren't meant to use it!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:45 pm

Ya im going to just leave the 8g in and not mess with it for 6 weeks or longer.. Dosent feel like a whole lot of pressure right now but a little tight and if i tug on it which im not its sore. Should have just used the darn Concave tapers that i bought i would be at a 6g now instead of still being at an 8g with a sore ear.
DarkCustom13

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences