To scalpel or not to scalpel.....

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by andthentherewerenone » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:57 pm

Lyndsey - 18 - taped 5/8. I'm having some issues with my stretched lobes. I was very irresponsible when I began stretching, so now I've got a bit of blowout, (I've also heard it referred to as a twist) where there's an extra ring of skin that's been pushed out of the hole. It is now obscuring the shape of my lobe. I use a jojoba oil/vitamin E oil mixture on them 2-3 times per day, I've downsized and allowed them time to heal twice, but there is absolutely no change.
I'm very careful with my stretching now, using only approved plumber's tape, soaked in oil to go up. My lobes are extremely healthy now, aside from the blowout. My goal size is 22 mm (7/8) and I'm becoming impatient to be there.
I'm now considering scalpelling the gap between 19 and 22 mm. I've heard terrible things about it, but I just can't seem to get rid of this flappy behind my poor ear has developed. I've heard that scalpelling can provide a more evenly shaped and defined hole, despite the trouble and pain. I need help making this decision, or finding an alternative. Thank you!
andthentherewerenone

by KAISERROLLS » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:39 pm

All ive heard is that its terrable to do also, for you though it may fix the blowout. although I really have no idea. good luck!
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences