New piercing issues

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by lovexxreverie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:18 am

About a month ago, I had my ears pierced at a 10, followed by an immediate taper to an 8. I currently have stainless steel single flare tunnels in (the original jewelry). My right ear is healing with no problems. My left ear, however, is being problematic. 3-4 times a week I wake up with the flare of the tunnel pulled back into the piercing (as in, it looks like someone tried to push my jewelry backwards through the back of the ear). Any ideas for how to prevent this? I'm really worried that it will cause excess scar tissue inside my piercing and will prevent me from stretching to my goal size of 2 1/2".
lovexxreverie

by ViolentJayne » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:32 am

lovexxreverie wrote:About a month ago, I had my ears pierced at a 10, followed by an immediate taper to an 8. I currently have stainless steel single flare tunnels in (the original jewelry). My right ear is healing with no problems. My left ear, however, is being problematic. 3-4 times a week I wake up with the flare of the tunnel pulled back into the piercing (as in, it looks like someone tried to push my jewelry backwards through the back of the ear). Any ideas for how to prevent this? I'm really worried that it will cause excess scar tissue inside my piercing and will prevent me from stretching to my goal size of 2 1/2".

Id get some no flare plugs with o rings and see if they help
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by ast.riske » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:51 pm

Is your ear swollen, warm to the touch and/or unexpectedky painful? If not, I'd encourage you to roll with Jayne's suggestion, or get some glass SF plugs with large fronts and have your piercer swap them out for you. Often piercers will do it for free if you buy the jewelry from their shop. They will also autoclave it for you and clean up your piercing to ensure a clean swap.

If you are having any of the symptoms I described above, go see your piercer and have them take a look at your ears. I was pierced and stretched exactly like you were. I had no problems whatsoever. The only difference was my initial jewelry was glass instead of steel. I had my piercer have a look at my ears after a few weeks anyway just make sure I didn't overlook anything.

Short version, if you have any issues, it never hurts to talk to your piercer. They can be quite helpful. :-)

Best of luck!
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by lovexxreverie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Well I've actually had to pull my tunnels completely out of my ears and reinsert them several times as there is no other way to fix them (I use KY so I don't scar or tear any more tissue than I must). The holes themselves are quite healed, it is only a small portion of the inside that is still red.
If they're healing well and it's not being to problematic, does it really matter? Or is it a risk I shouldn't take?
lovexxreverie

by KAISERROLLS » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Same thing happened to me, just loosten the o ring on the back before you go to bed so it has some space to move with. You can tighten it up when you wake up, so it looks nice and close to your lobes.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences