critics

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by firebutterfly » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:28 am

Is anyone else here as tired of unsolicited critiquing of your choice to stretch? I stretch for MYSELF, and don't care if people like it or hate it. I don't presume that anyone needs my opinion, unless I am asked. To each their own ;)
I have 9 piercings (tongue, lip, both nostrils, tragus, lobes) I am currently a 00g. :) I have 16 tattoos and want way more...money, or lack there of, is the only thing holding me back;)
firebutterfly

by xmelodeehx » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:24 pm

In the time I've had stretched ears, nobody has ever said anything to me. I don't think that where I live has more open-minded people. In fact, where I live I see the biggest cases of ignorance everyday.

I guess I would be a bit annoyed if some random stranger came up to me just to criticize my ears, but a lot of them do it out of curiosity, I guess...
Just ignore those people, and be happy with your lobes :)
Have:
00g 1st lobe hole (goal! 10mm)
12g 2nd lobe hole
14g helix, L-Ear
14g forward helix, L-Ear
16g tragus piercing, L-Ear
16g lip, R-side

Want:
L-Side lip piercing
2x helix, R-Ear
Conch or rook, R-Ear

No tattoos for now :(
xmelodeehx

by xmelodeehx » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Ahem, nobody except my mother, that is. :D
Have:
00g 1st lobe hole (goal! 10mm)
12g 2nd lobe hole
14g helix, L-Ear
14g forward helix, L-Ear
16g tragus piercing, L-Ear
16g lip, R-side

Want:
L-Side lip piercing
2x helix, R-Ear
Conch or rook, R-Ear

No tattoos for now :(
xmelodeehx

by firebutterfly » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:56 am

yeah, my family are my MAIN critics...lol. Some make a big deal about how revolting they think it is...then turn away saying they can't look at it...lol. Ridiculous :P
I have 9 piercings (tongue, lip, both nostrils, tragus, lobes) I am currently a 00g. :) I have 16 tattoos and want way more...money, or lack there of, is the only thing holding me back;)
firebutterfly

by CliftonGK1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:10 pm

I'm 6'6" and right around 210 pounds. If anyone is saying derogatory things about my appearance, they haven't been doing it face-to-face. :lol:

My folks were out to visit me and my wife recently, and the only question my mom had was about my most recent tattoo. She didn't recognize it from their last visit, and I guess my dad didn't show her the pix I posted on Facebook from my inking session. So we talked about the tat and my bike team and my artist (the tat is my bike team logo, and my artist is on the team and created the logo). And we chatted about my ears and how much further I might go with them, and while she's not super-keen on the idea, she understands the significance of it to me.

I think their reasoning is: He's got a good job, lives in a nice building, has an awesome wife, a great dog, doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs, races bicycles for a hobby, and is almost 40 so it's not like we can send him to his room if we don't like it so we may as well accept it.
CliftonGK1

by Chrispedraza1 » Mon May 07, 2012 9:01 pm

If you have stretched ears beyond 00g, ur most likely gonna hear positive and negative comments; lets be real now, its a given that some people will talk shit. We as people, who choose to do body mods should be prepared for that. Many people do not like what is outside of their norm. Don't fret on what others think for in the end, it is what you think. I love my appearance and believe that if I continue to pursue my education, than I can achieve my goals and be a succesful person regardless of my appearance.

You're only unique until compared.
Lobes=1/2"
Left nostril=18g

Throw your diamonds in the sky. We'll stay gold forever.
Chrispedraza1

by mylifeasapigeon » Wed May 09, 2012 10:45 pm

People bug me on the street all the time, whether it's to compliment, ask if it hurt, or call me a freak of nature (I actually had a guy run around yelling at me that I was a freak one time). It used to annoy me but now I realize it just comes with the territory. For someone who hasn't seen stretched ears before it can be quite a sight.

I love it when kids ask me though, I always make sure to teach them about it.
FGFS, hardcore, pop punk, and lobes.
1 7/8 (48mm) Lobes
14g Septum
14g Nostril
3 Dermal Anchors
mylifeasapigeon

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences