Stretching The "Wrong" Way?

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by RADCAZ » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:00 am

So On This Forum Everyone Seems To Think They're Is A Set Pre Determined Way To Stretch You're Lobes, With Certain Rules And Time Limits. I However Disagree with The Common Consensus, And Support The Idea Of "You're Ears Know Best". I Believe Only YOU Have You're Ears And Only YOU Know When And How They Should Be Stretched. I Understand People May Come To This Board Seeking Guidance, But To Completely Shut Down One Method Of Stretching As Completely Invalid Is Stupid And Wrong. Especially If It's Because They Fear Someone Will Damage Their Lobes Even If They Have Little Knowledge Of How Another Quicker More Efficient Way Works.

These Are A few Thing I Believe That Others So Strongly Disagree With.

I Believe When You First Start You're Stretching Journey It Should Be With The Mindset Of Permanence. Meaning You Should Only Stretch if You Plan To Keep Them For Life. That In And Of It's Self Would Deter Anyone Practicing Stretching For The Wrong Reasons.

Secondly When You Begin Stretching At The Smaller Sizes.. Say 2g. And Down The're is Very Little Risk Of Blowouts Due To the Small Size Of Ear Tissue Being Stretched. That Allows You To Stretch Quicker In The Smaller Sizes; Say... A Week Or Two At Most In Between Stretches, But Again When You're Lobes Feel Ready You Should At Least Attempt A Stretch.

Thirdly When And If You Get To The Bigger Sizes The Risk Of Blowouts/Tears Becomes More Prudent So Maybe Two Or Three Weeks For Me Was Plenty On all My Up Sizes, But Defiantly Not The Overly Cautious 2 Month Wait, But Again You're Ears Know Best

Fourthly Stretching And Wearing Tapers As Jewelry Does No Harm To You're Ears, There Is No Reason To Buy Plugs For Every Size (Save You're Money If You Plan To Go Big).

And Fifthly: AST.RISKE, ViolentJayne, SusiMarie, & corazon_de_oro Don't Know Everything And Are Sometimes Way Too Cautious With They're Advise.

<3
GO BIG OR GO HOME
RADCAZ

by greeneyedbabe€ » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:48 pm

I can agree with alot of what you said, at smaller sizes I stretched faster than I did when I got to 2g to where I am now at a 0g. I have wore my tapers longer than most ppl recommend on here, for me it was a comfort thing. I stretched when my ears felt ready 2 and 4 was the easiest at 4 weeks the taper just slid in. I think everyone has their own way of doing this. If there were really some kinda definate correct way we all be doing it the same way all those cultures who have stretched for centuries do it. Ppl ask for advice just as I have but it is up to the person asking for the advice to go with whatever way they see fit, so what if they chose someone elses advice over yours. What works for some may not work for others. Whatever happened to ppl not being so judgemental....I appreciate everyones input and I don't see anyone as totally right or wrong bc I use a little of what everyone says here. There is not a thing wrong with my emu oile, sea salt soaked, 0g stretched lobes. I have been doing this for almost a yr now so I think I know my body and my ears well enough to determine when they are ready.......
**Beauty is only skindeep**
greeneyedbabe€

by saply » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:55 pm

Dang, u mad.

I think it's important to err on the side of caution with something that involves altering your body, especially since the ~*~smaller sizes~*~ lay the very foundation for healthy ears that are easier to stretch past 0g or larger.

I do, however, agree with you about only stretching if you're willing to keep them for life. They ought to be considered like tattoos in that respect, as there is zero guarantee they will "shrink" and disappear for good, no matter what size you get up to.
saply

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:56 pm

RADCAZ wrote:Secondly When You Begin Stretching At The Smaller Sizes.. Say 2g. And Down The're is Very Little Risk Of Blowouts Due To the Small Size Of Ear Tissue Being Stretched. That Allows You To Stretch Quicker In The Smaller Sizes; Say... A Week Or Two At Most In Between Stretches, But Again When You're Lobes Feel Ready You Should At Least Attempt A Stretch.

Thirdly When And If You Get To The Bigger Sizes The Risk Of Blowouts/Tears Becomes More Prudent So Maybe Two Or Three Weeks For Me Was Plenty On all My Up Sizes, But Defiantly Not The Overly Cautious 2 Month Wait, But Again You're Ears Know Best

Fourthly Stretching And Wearing Tapers As Jewelry Does No Harm To You're Ears, There Is No Reason To Buy Plugs For Every Size (Save You're Money If You Plan To Go Big).

I'm sorry but these things are completely false. The ONLY reason there would be a greater risk of blowouts and tears at bigger sizes is because the gaps between sizes get larger. Then, in-between sizes and taping are your friends. Small sizes are extremely important. If you build up scar tissue at 2G and below how can you expect to go bigger and have healthy lobes?

Also, wearing tapers as jewelry can definitely be harmful. At tiny sizes it's not the worst thing you can do, but at larger sizes they get heavier and put pressure on your ears. When you sleep they can get into weird positions and pull on your lobes, which is definitely not good for a new stretch.

I'm not denying that some people can bend the "rules" a little bit and be fine, I'm just telling people ways that I know will get them healthy lobes. It worked for me and it's worked for countless others. There are a lot of people who have started out stretching in the ways that you mentioned, then got on this forum asking for advice because they tore their lobes... at small sizes. Those people are really thankful for our advice. Just because you have gotten really lucky and haven't had to take our advice doesn't mean it's not valid.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ast.riske » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Lindsay, it's not worth arguing with him. He called us out for being conservative when we advise others. I'll wear it as a badge of honor. I care whether people are safe, and so do you.

I'm chalking it up to radcaz having a bruised ego. I'd rather not feel responsible when someone messes up their ears. They'll want help when it happens and he'll be at a loss because he only knows his gamble. Don't sweat it. He's not worth it.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by greeneyedbabe€ » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:19 pm

Caaaaaaaching I think someone may have nailed it right on the head anywho, aren't most of adults? No point in arguing, I wouldn't advise ppl to stretch the same way I did at smaller sizes.....Lindsay has given me a ton of helpful advice from types of jewlery, materials they are made of and healing care and to her I most greatful, I only wish I had known about this forum when I started out a year ago
**Beauty is only skindeep**
greeneyedbabe€

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:44 pm

ast.riske wrote:Lindsay, it's not worth arguing with him.

This is true... I should have just thought all that in my head instead of posting it. :P It's not like it's going to change his opinion at all. Nothing worse than arguing with someone who doesn't listen!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ViolentJayne » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:12 pm

LOL I certainly dont know everything about stretching , but I would venture to say that super modders such as Pauly Unstoppable http://calluminnes.wordpress.com/2011/0 ... stoppable/
KNOW JUST ABOUT everything their is to know about stretching and I heed his advice and I pass along his advice :)

and I think the others you called out will agree :)
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:38 am

ok i have to admit that seeing the pink flesh on the inside of his nose really wiggs me out :shock: but other than that i love pauly! :)

and yeah, what everyone else has been saying.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by RADCAZ » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:10 am

You Can't Rationalize Stupidity It Would Be Wise Of Yall To Get Over YALLS Pride And Really think About What I Said, Rather Than Using YOU'RE Broken Egos Use You're Brain And Think Logically
GO BIG OR GO HOME
RADCAZ

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences