Stretching The "Wrong" Way?

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by saply » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:20 am

RADCAZ wrote:I Just Ignored The Pain, And Used Tape To Fashion A 1g Taper So I Could Do The Big Jump Quicker..

Yes, we should all listen to you.
saply

by ast.riske » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:04 am

I brought the same thing up on another thread. He justified it away like he does. Honestly, he's not worth this effort. He's on the defensive. Let him just dig his hole. Nobody's listening to him anymore anyway. If I were a mod, I'd just lock his threads and let them die. Let's just stop feeding the troll and let him starve.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by RADCAZ » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:11 pm

You Keep Calling Me A Troll When I'm Just Giving An Opinion Different Than You're Own... And I'm The One Being Defensive?
I Made This Post To Share My Opinion Instead Of Receiving Positive Feedback, That Yall Would Normally Portray In Any Other Post Not Written By Me.. You And Everyone Else Made it Personal, Got Butt Hurt And Stuck With You're Flawed Judgement, So Yes Ignore My Post I'm Here To Help New Stretchers Who Aren't Scared Little Girls
GO BIG OR GO HOME
RADCAZ

by ast.riske » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Sticks and stones, radcaz.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:17 am

RADCAZ wrote:You Keep Calling Me A Troll I'm Here To Help New Stretchers Who Aren't Scared Little Girls

Nah, you're here to present your small amount of anecdotal evidence and luck as fact to help new stretchers who don't understand that stretching isn't a race.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by sunchild » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:51 am

As a newbie I'm grateful for cautious advice, which is why I like this forum.
I'd rather someone tell me to slow down than to encourage me to move too fast in the beginning, thanks to good advice I now understand more about scar tissue. If I had a problem with my ears in future I'd rather it be from my own mistake than listening to someone else's crappy advice.
Some people here give way better advice than my local piercer even who told me to start with a big taper and leave it in or wear a small padlock lol
...“And people get all fouled up because they want the world to have meaning as if it were words...As if you had a meaning, as if you were a mere word, as if you were something that could be looked up in a dictionary. You ARE meaning.” ~Alan Watts...
sunchild

by Winter Hope311 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:02 pm

RADCAZ wrote:I Believe Only YOU Have You're Ears And Only YOU Know When And How They Should Be Stretched. I Understand People May Come To This Board Seeking Guidance, But To Completely Shut Down One Method Of Stretching As Completely Invalid Is Stupid And Wrong. Especially If It's Because They Fear Someone Will Damage Their Lobes Even If They Have Little Knowledge Of How Another Quicker More Efficient Way Works.

I agree and disagree with your post. Firstly, although there is a GENERAL guideline and I have been pretty cautious with my stretching adventure (it's taken my husband and I 9 months to get from 18 g - 6 g), it doesn't mean that everyone who hasn't been is going to have completely fucked up lobes. I have a very dear friend who is currently sitting at a 1 1/4 and her lobes are thick and beautifuL!!!! AND she got there in a little over a year.

I believe there has been some great advice tendered on this forum, and alot from the people you put on front street (not so cool, dude). BUT i have also found that there is alot of unsolicited advice (i.e., someone simply sharing their stretching story and being told they've done it wrong and need to DOWNSIZE RIGHT AWAY!!! OR MAYBE EVEN TAKE IT OUT COMPLETELY AND DO IT THE "RIGHT" WAY!!!

every body is different. we all heal differently. it may take me 4 months to heal, while it took my husband 2 weeks. some people may have blowouts even after waiting 6 weeks, while others stretch after a week and their lobes look awesome....

SO to all of this I say, sharing your knowledge of the subject is great. That's why alot of us come here. But telling folks (who aren't asking for the advice) that they're doing it wrong just because they haven't followed how you believe it should be done isn't cool.
Winter Hope
26 years old

HAVE:
6g lobes
left nostril
tongue
navel
19 tattoos

WANT:
0g lobes
1 tattoo finished
1 cover-up
3 pending tattoos

RETIRED:
both nipples
Winter Hope311

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:18 pm

I agree that everyone is different and a lot of people can stretch faster without major problems. However, stretching quickly is taking a huge risk and if nothing bad happens to your ears it's luck.

I will admit that I've given some people advice when they're not asking for it, but why would I not want to try to stop someone from wrecking their ears? A lot of people don't know that it's better to wait a long time... many people think stretching is supposed to hurt and bleed and that your lobes are supposed to look like cat butts when you take out the jewelry. They think that's just part of stretching. So if I can save someone from damaging their ears more in the future, I'm going to. It's not about me thinking I'm smarter or better than them or whatever, it's about wanting everyone to have healthy, happy lobes.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Previous

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences