Scar tissue {SOLVED}

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Corylikestogauge » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:24 pm

Well it turned out that it was scar tissue, I took out my silicon and just let them heal from a 3/4 stretch all the way down too a 00g (Currently at 1/2" right now) , used some seasalt and it worked great. I am currently getting some oils, and Im working my way back to 3/4, hopefully going to an inch!

(viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1796) <- original post.

http://m1024.photobucket.com/albumview/ ... g.html?o=0

Above this is a picture of one of my ears! they are healing fantastically.
Piercings:
5/8 taping method ears.
Lip ring 16g.

Tattoos:
Shoulder piece.

Goals:
Ear size, 1".
Corylikestogauge

by ast.riske » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:26 pm

Looking good. Be careful, though. If it straightened out that gas it was likely a blowout. Take it nice and slow as you work your way back up. It would be really good to just take a break for a while and let your ears finish healing.

If it were hypertrophic scarring, when you downsized, the problem wouldn't have resolved so quickly. Scarring would be size independent. Like I said, though, nice and slow will get you there : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:44 pm

If you've been having problems with your ears you should really get a better material than silicone. Try some glass, titanium, or at least steel and let them heal at the same size before you stretch back up.

I agree that it was probably a blowout. I've never seen/heard of hypertrophic scarring occuring all around a fistula like that.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Corylikestogauge » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:08 am

Thanks guys! Yeah im definitely not going fast anymore and im using tea tree oil, working very well. Im also not stretching with silicon anymore, im using the taping method now. So everything is better.
Piercings:
5/8 taping method ears.
Lip ring 16g.

Tattoos:
Shoulder piece.

Goals:
Ear size, 1".
Corylikestogauge

by ast.riske » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:15 am

Hm... What are you using the tea tree oil for? Typically it is diluted and used as a topical antibiotic. Be very careful with it as it can be very strong undiluted. If you are doing oil massage consider using vitamin e oil, jojoba oil, lubriderm unscented hypo-allergenic lotion or refined olive oil. These are all safe for prolonged topical use and can be nourishing for your skin. Best of luck!
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by Corylikestogauge » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:10 pm

Actually! tea tree oil has vitamin E oil inside of it, so it is a good, lubricant and or healing kinda thing, you know what I mean?
Piercings:
5/8 taping method ears.
Lip ring 16g.

Tattoos:
Shoulder piece.

Goals:
Ear size, 1".
Corylikestogauge

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences