Why Are My Gauges Falling Out?

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Nic » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:48 am

SusiMarie wrote:nic is going to be the person who goes, my ear snapped in half... oh well sew it up so i can do it again

lol so witty. listen here girly with the lil lobeys, i have been stretching for about 3 years, i have stretched an fucked up but i learned and know when stretching is ok any person with half a brain should know if his ears are loose then obviously they arent going to tear because they already have space for plugs. U can take ur rediculous ideas about how u think my advice is invalid and shove it cuz i have more experience on this subject then u ever prolly will. u come off as somone who is just going to take out there plugs cuz mommy and daddy dont like them. in fact, im going to post a pic of my lobes at 1 3/8. an no. i doubt i will rip my ears seeing as how i dont stretch ne more.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by SusiMarie » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:27 pm

your just incredibly lucky stupid stupid person. stop giving out crappy advice. i have small lobes becasue i choose to have them. i dont want huge ones i would like to have a job that pays and isnt miserable

now you hurt my brains with your awful logic, goodbye.
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
right nostril piercing 20g
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Nic, bigger lobes doesn't mean more stretching knowledge. I've been into stretching for almost as long as you, I just prefer to have smaller lobes.

What you don't understand is that when you give someone advice, with anything in life, you don't just use the example of what you did, what your friends have done, etc. When you give people advice about stretching, you need to tell them what they can do to be guaranteed healthy lobes.

Yes, you did what you did and you have healthy lobes. I'm sure they could be even healthier if you did things differently, but that's beside the point. But you don't understand that some people could take your advice and end up ruining their ears. I have seen you tell people they can stretch every other week or something because you did and "had no problems." And that's just not true. My ears have always been really slow to loosen up, and I've needed two and a half months or more between every size. If I was naive/impatient and got on this forum, and found the person who gave the advice I wanted to hear (which would be that I could get to my goal size without all the waiting) of course I would take it. And if I took that advice my lobes would look like the people on that slideshow I posted.

I'm very thankful I found people who gave good advice BEFORE I started stretching, because I had planned on starting before I knew anything about it. I was going to pierce my own ears with normal earrings and start stretching at 14G with pinchers as soon as they showed the first signs of healing. But instead I found good advice and listened to it, and I got my ears pierced by an amazing piercer and started stretching six months later. Now my ears couldn't be healthier and I'm so glad. I'm going to have stretched ears forever and I want them to look nice. That's why I give people advice; I want them to know that while some people stretch like that and get lucky, not everyone can.

I'm not saying you're wrong, don't know about stretching, etc. but when you give advice you need to tell people what they can do to get healthy lobes, not what to do to probably get a blowout and get healthy lobes if they're insanely lucky.

Keep in mind that this post isn't a personal attack toward you or anyone. People seem to get the idea that challenging someone's opinion is being "hateful," but it's not at all. So don't reply with insults like you did to SusiMarie.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ast.riske » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Nic, funny how you tout your superior knowledge, yet you have thinning lobes…

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1448

Your own words. 'Nuff said.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by SusiMarie » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Keep in mind that this post isn't a personal attack toward you or anyone. People seem to get the idea that challenging someone's opinion is being "hateful," but it's not at all. So don't reply with insults like you did to SusiMarie.

thank you Lindsay, but i doubt he will listen.
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
right nostril piercing 20g
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:34 pm

No problem. :) I wish everyone on here could realize the difference between advice and personal attacks. I think that would make people more likely to listen to each other, too.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by RADCAZ » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:55 pm

It's Hard To Tell The Difference Between The Two Without Actually Knowing Them In Person... Don't You think?
And When Hinting That The Way Someone Types Is "Annoying" I Think That Crosses The Line Of Advise, Even Though I Have Extreme OCD, And Cannot Help the Way I Type. I Am Criticized For It Nearly Everyday And It Hurts To Hear The Dissatisfaction Of Others. It Seems To Be Pretty Personal :/ I Come here looking For Advise Instead I'm Lectured On Opinions And Receive Hatred Same As Nic, Yes There Is A Safe Full Proof Extra Cautious Way To Do Everything.. But I Want To Know From People Of Experience If There Is A Quicker Somewhat Safe Alternative Non Panzee Way.. You Stretching Nazi's Need To Chill Out And Let Others Give There Advise Without All Of This BS. I'm Not Saying your Advise Is Wrong, But I Am Saying There Is Other opinions.

By The Way I Love All Of You <3
GO BIG OR GO HOME
RADCAZ

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:11 pm

Sorry about the typing thing. :/ I was just agreeing that it was kind of hard to read.

I wish you'd stop calling it the "pansy" way... I don't think I'm a pansy for wanting healthy lobes. It's not about pain, it's about not wanting blowouts and torn lobes.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by ast.riske » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Radcaz - I have OCD too and I understand how you feel. It's tough sometimes when people don't understand the things you do. You feel judged for it. It sucks. that said, the biggest issue we're having here is not how YOU choose to stretch, but what you and nic are proposing OTHERS do.

We're not being nazis and we're not pansies. We don't appreciate the name calling. It's been said before, I'd you don't like or want the advice, don't ask. We respect your right to do what you will. Respect our right to stand up and say something if we think someone could get hurt by listening to advice that is proven time and time again to be generally bad. Stretch how you want to.

As far as nic, you may say he's doing things he non-pansy way, and he continues to say he's right, but he also just posted that he downsized almost 3/4 of an inch because his lobes are thinning and he's worried about it. Something to think about. Is his method really working for him? It doesn't sound like it.

Finally, I don't think Monster meant to actually be offensive, she said it is something she would say If she were being mean. None of us hate you. We are concerned and we care for you and everyone else who passes through the forums. I hope there is something in here that shows that.

Best of luck on your journey.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by RADCAZ » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:22 pm

It's Ok I Forgive All (Even Those Who Choose Not To Apologize)

But, Being Logical About What I Was Asking In The Post Should Be The Issue Here Not: He Did This. Your Gonna Do This... I Was Asking If It Was Ok To Stretch Up, The Majority Of The Opinion Was "No" So I Waited, None Of This Had To Come About, You Guy's Trying To Force Your Opinion on Others Isn't Fair, Its Like I'm At Church Or Something, I'm Sorry If Me Calling The People Panzee's. Who Waited For Longer Than They Needed Too, Offends You. It's Just My Opinion Of The Overly Cautious :P
GO BIG OR GO HOME
RADCAZ

PreviousNext

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences