Why Are My Gauges Falling Out?

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by RADCAZ » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:18 am

Ok So I Recently Stretched Up To 7/16th. The Same Day I Tapered Up I Shoved In Some Double Flared Tunnels And 2 Weeks Or So Later My Ears Feel To Be Ready To Stretch Again? They Continually Fall Out And My Ears Feel Really Loose. Should I Go Ahead And Stretch Up Again?
RADCAZ

by joniponi » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:28 pm

You must wait at least a month. And you shouldn't put in double flares before your ears are fully healed. and plugs arent gauges. these are http://www.panbo.com/Garmin_205xxx_20Ga ... _small.jpg :)
Last edited by joniponi on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi I'm Joni from Finland!
6mm Septum (taping in process)
I want
Tongue
Bigger septum
joniponi

by ast.riske » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:04 pm

I agree with Joni, you need to wait before stretching again and putting double flares in so early was a bad idea.

More than that, the fact that your lobes loosened up like that isn't a good sign. It sounds like forcing double flare jewelry into your lobes did some significant damage. I would highly recommend you go naked for a while to let your lobes heal and tighten up. If you keep stretching like this, you will find yourself in A dangerous position where your lobes aren't getting enough circulation. This will lead to infections, necrosis and lobes tearing through. It sounds like you might already be getting there.

I'd be very careful about what you do from here on out. You could lose everything you've worked to get to. Give your lobes a chance and let them heal and thicken.

One last thing, are you wearing really heavy jewelry? You might want to find something lightweight when you start wearing jewelry again.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by RADCAZ » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:20 am

it's Just Weird That I Wasn't Feeling Any Pain Though..? Oh BTW I Listened To Your Advise I Took Them Out For A Few Days Now There Snugg As Hell
GO BIG OR GO HOME
RADCAZ

by Nic » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:49 am

lol u dont have to wait a month... if ur ears are loose already then ur good... stretching nazis >.>
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by That Bloke » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:05 pm

^This guy...
That Bloke

by RADCAZ » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:32 am

I Like That Nic Guy :D
GO BIG OR GO HOME
RADCAZ

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:52 pm

Because he tells you what you want to hear? If you take advice like that you will be really lucky if you don't ruin your ears. In stretching, patience is what works!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ast.riske » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:42 pm

@nic: I didn't say anything that could be taken as nazi-like. I have seen people with screwed up ears who were going too fast. He asked for advice, I gave it. If he chooses to listen to you, that's on him. If you don't want to read the advice, leave the thread. I didn't make you come here.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by SusiMarie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:24 pm

nic is going to be the person who goes, my ear snapped in half... oh well sew it up so i can do it again
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
right nostril piercing 20g
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences