Discrimination?

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by DJ_5000 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:08 am

So I've been talking to some of my friends about how I'm gonna start stretching my ears in December. Lately though, a lot of people have been telling me that once I do, my school will make me take them out during class. Thinking back I do remember seeing a teacher tell a senior to take out his plugs. But I've read the rules for piercings in my school and it says that earrings are ok... Isn't a stretched earring still an earring? Do you think I could tell them to eat me and I'm not taking mine out until every other person in the school with their ears pierced takes theirs out?
10 g ears and my tongue pierced.
I want to eventually stretch my ears to 00g at most, get snake bites, and tattoos.

"It's better to live on your feet than die on your knees."
DJ_5000

by ViolentJayne » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:14 pm

if the dress code doent specifically say NO STRETCHED EARS .. then I say go for it ..( this shows my age ) but I remember when I was in high school I had a trench coat and I had worn it since my sophomore year .. then my senior year the "columbine tragedy" happened and all those kids had trench coats on .. well all the sudden teachers are saying I cant wear my coat I have to go out and buy another coat etc.. well I checked out the dress code and it said nothing about trench coats so as a point of principal I fought it ! I wore my coat EVERY DAY ! and I wrote two letter explaining why I gave one to the dean and sent one to the school board .. and you know they decided to let me wear my coat cause there was nothing they could do to stop me lol .....

If you parents are ok with the stretching then go for it ! and if the school says boo about it then write the school board and talk to your dean about the dress code if they really want you to take out your plugs then they will have to change the dress code... if you would like sight the court case " tinker vs board of education " it stated that any form of peacfull protest in the form of self expression can not be denied " something to that effect you can look up a direct quote

here is an excerpt : The District Court concluded that the action of the school authorities was reasonable because it was based upon their fear of a disturbance from the wearing of the armbands ( in your case plugs ). But, in our system, undifferentiated fear or apprehension of disturbance is NOT enough to overcome the right to freedom of expression. Any departure from absolute regimentation may cause trouble. Any variation from the majority's opinion may inspire fear. Any word spoken, in class, in the lunchroom, or on the campus, that deviates from the views of another person may start an argument or cause a disturbance. But our Constitution says weMUST take this risk, Terminiello v. Chicago, 337 U.S. 1 (1949); and our history says that it is this sort of hazardous freedom--this kind of openness--that is [509] the basis of our national strength and of the independence and vigor of Americans who grow up and live in this relatively permissive, often disputatious, society.

In order for the State in the person of school officials to justify prohibition of a particular expression of opinion, it must be able to show that its action was caused by something more than a mere desire to avoid the discomfort and unpleasantness that always accompany an unpopular viewpoint. Certainly where there is no finding and no showing that engaging in the forbidden conduct( plugs) would "materially and substantially interfere with the requirements of appropriate discipline in the operation of the school," the prohibition cannot be sustained!. Burnside v. Byars, supra, at 749.

its long and kind of hard to understand because at first the school board won then the decision was overturned and the student were allowed to express themselves ..here is a link to the whole thing if you wanna do more research

http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/avp/cas/comm/f ... inker.html
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by DJ_5000 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:32 pm

Sweet thank you! :D
And as far as whether or not my parents are ok with my stretching, they don't exactly like it, but they're not telling me not too and they've already said they'll jump the school's shit if they try to make me take my plugs out.
I want to eventually stretch my ears to 00g at most, get snake bites, and tattoos.

DJ_5000

by DJ_5000 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Oh and no, the dress code does not specifically say NO STRETCHED EARS. It says something along the lines of no visible facial piercings. e.g. lips, tongues, eyebrows, etc. EARRINGS ARE OK.

DJ_5000

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences