hard swollen earlobe

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by stinaaa » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:11 am

hi. i just sized up to an 8g from a 10g 3 days ago and woke up to my right earlobe kinda hard around the little thing that comes with tapers. lol kill me idk what they are called.. but yeah. the "earring" bleh whatever. but i was hoping someone could tell me what it is :( and will it go away? my ear lobe is a little swollen as well :( please help!!
stinaaa

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:26 am

You are permanently modifying your lobes and you don't know that what the jewelry is called? o.o

--

It sounds like you need to downsize and that your ear wasn't ready to stretch up another size. Go back to 10g and wait a while.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by ViolentJayne » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:45 pm

if the "plugs " came as a set deal with the tapers ( from the mall or some place similar ) they were most likely double flare ( big on the sides and smaller in the middle ) so the taper stretched your ear to 8 ga and that was probably fine but the flares on those kind of double flared "plugs" are freeeeeeking huge so when you put the "plug " in it probably ripped or damaged your ear by forcing it to a 6 ga :( now since its double flare its probably going to seem stuck and cause damage coming out to ( use alot of lube ! to help it come out and probably do it during or after a nice hot shower . Id downsize back to 10 wait 1 to 2 months then ( if the lump is gone ) stretch back up go ahead and use the taper again but buy some single or no flare plugs to wear with it . and for now remember to do sea salt soaks twice a day to speed up the healing process and sooth the irritation ( do not use table salt only NON iodized or sea salt and no more than 1/4 teaspoon per 1 cup water )after a few weeks start with vit E oil massages to break down scar tissue ... good luck and keep us updated as to how it goes
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by chevymane » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:32 pm

actually most taper/plugs sets come with single flared plugs and ive had that hard ring around my 2nd set of holes i jus massaged for a couple of days and it went away no issues...
currently 19mm 1st holes 4mm second holes 8mm septum

goal 25mm 1st holes 5mm second holes (maybe) 12mm septum
chevymane

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:16 pm

If your lobes are swollen, you need to downsize to take the pressure off.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ViolentJayne » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:33 pm

chevymane wrote:actually most taper/plugs sets come with single flared plugs and ive had that hard ring around my 2nd set of holes i jus massaged for a couple of days and it went away no issues...

Im just going by what ive seen locally and I have never seen them around here with anything other than double flare .. at least at the " mall etc..." Im sure they do sale them with single flare it just doesnt seem like they stock them in most of the local stores . Tattoo shops are a different story because the usually sale everything individually again I am just going with what I have seen im my area .....

either way my point was simply - do NOT USE DOUBLE FLARE IN A NEW STRETCH AND THAT THE FLARES ON MOST OF THE "KITS" iVE SEEN ARE INSANELY HUGE
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by ast.riske » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:09 pm

ViolentJayne wrote:...THE FLARES ON MOST OF THE "KITS" iVE SEEN ARE INSANELY HUGE

Agreed! Why would these companies think that your average person at 3mm would be able to fit flares that are 4.5mm or 5mm? 8g-6g is a tough stretch for many, trying to squeeze a 4g flare through is beyond reason.

Honestly another thing I'd be worried about with the kits that are sold at the mall is, many of them are acrylic tapers and plugs. Though they are offering up a taper and a plug for each ear, encouraging people to actually use real jewelry, the plugs are acrylic... No bueno in new stretches.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by chevymane » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:10 am

yea i try and steer customers away from the acrylic/taper combos at work but they dont listen they just want the cool looking spikes lol so i let em buy and some comeback and buy steel or glass a week or so later
currently 19mm 1st holes 4mm second holes 8mm septum

goal 25mm 1st holes 5mm second holes (maybe) 12mm septum
chevymane

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences