the first negative reactions are the hardest

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by earplug » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:21 am

who cares what people say or think?
this is your pleasure,and none of their busness,
walk tall,rise above it,imagine them naked with a mickey mouse voice and mickey mouse ears.
what they say doesn't matter.

congrats on your stretching :)
earplug

by anzia768 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:19 am

My kids are upset they've got to wait until they're 18yo to start mods. I'd be appalled if I heard my kids say some of the things I hear adults say. I've taught my kids better than that.
anzia768

by Deano » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:39 am

All I can say is that I certainly hope that I can keep my lobes stretched out when I get out of college. I have no idea what it's like in a mechanical engineer's world, but I certainly hope that I find a job that will allow me to keep my piercings. But, until I find out for sure, I'm only going up to 0g, but if I find the right job that allows me to keep my piercings, I'll stretch a little bigger.

Anyway, people who are close minded like that can go fuck themselves for all I care. Do what you do because you want to. If anyone else has a problem with it, they aren't worth your time.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

by ggallenfan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:45 am

I have dealt with this all of my life. I have had green, blue, orange, ECT hair color. I have had the barbed wire on arms, piercing when it was not cool. Mohawks side ways Mohawks half head shaved. Tattoos, for ever. I remember going into stores and security would fallow me around like I was a thief. I was always taught to open doors for the elderly and women(back in 80's still aloud) but they would look at me like I was going to slam it in there face. Parents refuse to let girls date me. All this but the worst was when a small girl looked up at me and asked about my caller and piercing and her mom grabbed her and said look at him he is strange and will probably hurt you do not talk to him. :cry:
never take Life too seriously you will never make it out alive.
now 2G
ggallenfan

by shellbournian » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Totally sympathizing with this thread right now. The other night I was waiting on line at Taco Bell (Beefy Crunch Burrito anyone? Doritos in yo burrito!) and every time I turned around, there were like 4 people staring at me. I was pretty confused, to be honest. My ears aren't very big. But I guess it was that combined with my long long hair and that I still dress like it's 1994.

Totally shocked me. I wasn't uncomfortable or offended or anything. If anything, it was kind of cool. I've been playing in bands since I was like 12 or 13 so I'm used to the spotlight, just not without a guitar! lol.
Current: 1/2" lobes
Retired: 14g industrial (left), 10g second holes, 16g rim (left)
shellbournian

by caadam » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:47 pm

I do not think it's honest (as in fair and honorable) for people to judge another person by appearance alone. I have met people with body mods who are some of the kindest, most well spoken people I've come across. At the same time, I've also met some pretty unkind people with body mods, but then that shows you that one cannot judge by looks alone! Everyone is different not just on the the outside, but on the inside, too.

However, I think it's very important to remember that not everyone is going to like body mods... well, simply because they just don't like them. Perhaps for some people, ear stretching is just not attractive; or maybe tattoos, scarring, or implants are not appealing. And that's all right! Beauty can be very subjective, and a person isn't wrong, hateful, or ignorant for simply not liking body modification. As long as they do not judge someone's personality and humanity for having mods, then what's there to be angry about?

I think it's most important, for me at least, is that a person realizes my humanity despite my mods. And, in return, respects me for it. They don't have to like my mods; heck, they can think I'm physically ugly for them; all I ask is that they give me respect, and realize my potential to be a good human being.
Nose = 18g
Ears = 8g (2mm) (longterm goal: 2g [6-6.5mm])
caadam

by DJChildhood » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:38 pm

Well, having 3/4th lobes, I vet some looks.
i was up in north minneapolis last week and some random guy was walking by and said: "dont that hurt"
i was like what?
"your ears"
i told him if you do it wrong yeah it does.
and he just kept walking. I also have a tattoo of some praying hands with a rosary, and on the contrary a teacher of mine drew up some satanic hands (left torso = my sobriety and living life to the fullest and the right side is dexicated to my old using days, drugs, gang life, death and whatnot) and when people who are even open minded didnt like the fact that theyre is a pentagram in the palm of the satanic hands along with the symbol of satan, and I just tell them: its my body, my story, and my shit thats caused this. Why not wear it proudly? It helps me to just talk to them and say that its my decision.
Although my grabdma would castrate me if she saw the devils hands on me for the rest of my life. Lol
Sober date from drugs: 9/17/2008

Alcohol: 8/26/2010

current GA: 3/4ths retired :'(

# of tattoos: 3

half sleeves jacket
DJChildhood

by ninjapirate » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:29 am

Well, my parents don't exactly know about my mods, and I'm not too big yet but sometimes kids at school comment. One kid was like "Why do you want holes in your ears all big, ewww." And I couldn't think of a good comeback so I just said "at least my teeth are straight" xD
I recently pierced my septum too (don't lecture me, I did it right) and my parents don't know about that, but the few times I have had it out at school, people are like "why did you do that" :P
currently at 2g,
goal is 00g... for now >:D
ninjapirate

by halfhuman2214 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:24 am

I hate when people judge you before they get to know you. I've dealt with that my whole life cuz i viewed the world differently, and dressed differently. Where I grew up they don't think it is acceptable for a girl to be skateboarding or for people to go to school with ripped jeans. Which I did. And often times their comments hurt. but i just put on a brave face and developed a thick layer of skin that few insults get through. And the sad thing is kids today have a set mindset that when they see something different they automatically judge. And usually that person is nice. When I start stretching(hopefully monday night. :D EXCITED!!!) I will get looks and comments from most people, but the people that just accept it will be worth it. I may loose a few friends but i will gain some new ones. And thats how I look at it. When your different sometimes people don't know how to handle it or just plain judge and sometimes it is your friends. You will loose some and gain some with each decision.
halfhuman2214

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:16 am

@DJChildhood congratz on bein sober, man! i grew up with people deep into that shit and some of em didnt make it out. hoping for the best for you!
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

PreviousNext