I have a very small blowout but CAN'T downsize! Help!

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by choclate.brownie23 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:57 pm

I've been stretching my ears for several months now. I waited about a month between going from a 4 to a 2 gauge. Some might say that's too short but my ears are very stretchy, they were totally healed and I had next to no pain. My ears were fine, about a week after I stretched them up I went to my piercer to have them put in my size 2 double flares. They said the flares were pretty aggressive and they put another taper in there just a little bigger and jammed the double flares in. My right ear bled. About a day later, I noticed a VERY tiny blowout in my left ear. a small excess flap of skin along the top ridge in the back. I know you're supposed to downsize with a blowout, but my ears aren't healed yet and I can't get these double flares out without causing extreme damage. What should I do to get the blowout to reabsorb?
choclate.brownie23

by choclate.brownie23 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:39 am

someone pleeeaaase help I'm desperate here.
choclate.brownie23

by ViolentJayne » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:14 pm

I dont know what to do Im sorry .. I would suggest not using double flares in a fresh stretch .. single flare tunnels look just the same from the front an only require 1 o ring on back .. Id stick with them in the future
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by choclate.brownie23 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:36 am

yeah... crap. now I'm just really sad because i've been taking really good care of my ears to make sure this didn't happen, and i took the flares to a professional to do because i figured he could do it better and would TELL me if it was dangerous to do. but no, he said it was fine and now im going to have a blowout for life
:(
choclate.brownie23

by hiptocode » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:11 am

So sad. I have only heard negative experiences involving professional peircers. Does anyone out there have a positive experience they can share?

Your blowout is prob killer painful because you can't downsize. Just wait it out, what else can you do really? The blowout might heal itself, just take care. When you can remove the plug without doing damage put your new (no flare) plug in backwards to tuck that blowout bit in and use plenty of your favorite oil.
hiptocode

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:13 pm

don't use oil. oil is only for healed lobes and might irritate your lobe. backtucking is a good idea though. and make sure to sss once or twice a day. that's much better for your ears
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by hiptocode » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:42 pm

I didn't mean use oil now. To clearify: when your lobes have healed and you are safely able to change plugs, then use oil and insert no flare plugs backwards.
hiptocode

by choclate.brownie23 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:11 pm

hmm, why is it that you shouldn't use oil till it's healed? is it just the possibility of irritation or will it mess up the healing process? Because I've actually been using oil and it hasnt iritated me, seems to be helping actually
choclate.brownie23

by hiptocode » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:18 am

Some oils can irritate and perpetuate inflammation on broken skin. I use emu oil to stretch, it is actually recommended for cuts and irritation.

Vitamin E oil is sticky and can attract dirt. Jojoba can be so-so for a fresh stretch, but if you don't have trouble do what works.

I wouldn't touch broken skin with olive oil, Bio Oil or Holey But'er. Just personal experience has led me not to oil broken or very irritated skin. People say not to use Neosporin, but with bleeding I would just do it because the negatives of petroleum jelly are far outweighed by the infection protection for the once or twice it would be applied.
hiptocode

by Metrev » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:56 am

i did this when i went to 8s, i was at 8s for a day, and shoved in 8g double flared , the flares were about a 6, they were bloody etc etc, i left them in for a few day straight, pulling on them so they would adjust, everything was better
12g helix(L)
12g Eyebrow(L)
Metrev

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences