Have you ever heard of such a thing????!

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by HellKitten400 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:28 pm

to begin, i started stretching my ears when i was 12 or 13. i am now 19 and was very recently a 0g for both earlobes. with each stretch, i was very attentive and kind to my ears, listening to my limits and massaging my ears daily for about 10 minutes at a time.
i have had 0g in both ears for about a year and had decided that i feel ready to move up to a 00g. my ears felt flexible, warmed up and lubed up- i tried to taper into the 00g, but my ears both suddenly swelled up and would not budge halfway past the taper. i left it in, lubed it, swirled it around in circles to loosen it up- and still no dice. i could not push further up the taper without feeling sharp pain and warmth. i decided to put my previous spirals back in to let my ears relax into it's previous 0g to avoid a potential blowout. the next morning my ears were crusty, swollen, and incredibly painful. i washed them with a mild soap and replaced the washed jewelry. throughout that day, my ears seemed to be swelling more and more until they started continuously spitting my spirals back out. the crusting had stopped and upon inspection did not see any cuts, tears, pus, or blood of any kind- so that night i decided after a another washing before bed, i massaged my ears for a couple minutes and opted to leave my jewelry out for the night to let them relax.

the kicker- i woke up the next morning in horror to find my ears have shrunk from a 0g- down to about a 10g or a 12g. :( i literally can only put the end of my spiral tapers into my ear before i feel resistance. my lobes feel very hard so i know there must be scar tissue and trauma. but honestly- this whole situation has completely baffled me. this wasn't a dead stretch, nor was it too soon. my ears had been flexible, with gaping with the 0g.
i know some of you will probably get on my butt for using acryllic jewelry- but everyone is different. whenever i use metal or glass to stretch my ears became irritated and itchy. for some reason, acryllic has always served me delightful stretches with little to no fanfare. i am open to the idea that this could have been a bad reaction- but nonetheless this has me totally bummed that i am practically at square one after years of dutifully taking care of my precious lobes. vitamin E massages and sea salt soaks for the next months and begin from 10g-8g? what to do???
comments, advice, constructive criticism all appreciated. thank you for considering.

Drive Fast, Take Chances, Always pass on the right!
HellKitten400

by caadam » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Whoa. :?

That is the strangest thing I've ever heard. o O;
I don't even know what to say. lol But I must have something to say, or else I wouldn't be writing this right now. ;)

Anyway... I really don't know what went wrong. I honestly don't think the reaction had to do with you using acrylic (I don't think your question really requires you being chastised for using acrylic while stretching, either; this is a different situation if you ask me). It just sounds like your ears simply didn't want to stretch...? *shrugs*

Maybe you can try taping. *nods* And you can concentrate on more oil massaging if you feel like there is some scar tissue. Do you use an oil right now? I really suggest emu, and perhaps castor oil will also be a very good purchase at the moment.
Nose = 18g
Ears = 8g (2mm) (longterm goal: 2g [6-6.5mm])
caadam

by HellKitten400 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:57 pm

i've never used emu oil, but i'll search for it at the local co-op. thank you for your comment. it helps.
i put a piece of 10g jewelry in and my ear holes fit them snugly, as if they had never been a 0g. it's very very sad to me. :(

Drive fast, Take chances, Always pass on the right!
HellKitten400

by DJChildhood » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:24 am

This kinda happened to me but because of a very different histiry.
i was dumb when I was young, and stretched to 7/16 using silicone and blew out my right lobe very badly.
i continued to be stupid and stretch to 1/2". Stayed there for about 9 months, putting in the plugs backward to help counteract the backside lobe, and it helped.
sized to 5/8ths, everything was fine, stretched to 3/4ths using acrylic tapes, left ear is 100% fine and not a single bit of pain, pus or anything else.
took the right lobe much slower with the taper (yes I felt dumb when my ears were different sizes)
but because of an extremely old infection from prestretching, along with the blowout, its been rather painful.
Weirdly enough, my lobe looks MUCH thicker and healthier, and there is NO view that I had ever had a blowout (other than that the R is moderately thinner than the L lobe)
long story short, take care of your shit.
i wish I had done more research back when I was at 00 about to size up to 7/16.
Sober date from drugs: 9/17/2008

Alcohol: 8/26/2010

current GA: 3/4ths retired :'(

# of tattoos: 3

half sleeves jacket
DJChildhood

by HellKitten400 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:43 am

thank you.
(don't feel bad. i feel dumb with two different sizes too.) :)

HellKitten400

by DJChildhood » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:30 pm

HellKitten400 wrote:thank you.
(don't feel bad. i feel dumb with two different sizes too.) :)

Lolfor sure.

My friends always say, "why the fuck do you have a taper in one ear, and gemmed eyelets in the other...?"

I tell then to shutup. Lol
Sober date from drugs: 9/17/2008

Alcohol: 8/26/2010

current GA: 3/4ths retired :'(

# of tattoos: 3

half sleeves jacket
DJChildhood

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences