Advise is okay but don't preach

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Chrispedraza1 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:47 pm

People post questions for answers.... So just give an answer

(probably not appropriate for " stretching experiences".. O well)
Lobes=1/2"
Left nostril=18g

Throw your diamonds in the sky. We'll stay gold forever.
Chrispedraza1

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:32 pm

I don't think anyone on here is really guilty of excessive "preaching," we just like to make sure the person asking for the advice knows WHY certain things are right/wrong. Plus, it's a forum about ear stretching, so people on here are going to be pretty passionate about it. People like to talk a lot about the things that are important to them.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ninjapirate » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:28 am

I'm with corazon here, like, some people consider stretching as a hobby and folks get pretty doggone passionate about their hobbies ^^ but one thing I don't like is people saying OMG YER GOIN TEW FAST YOUR GONNA GET A BLOWOUT STOPSTOPSTOP. it's like, let people make their own mistakes, let them have cat butt earlobes all their lives, it's gonna be their own fault. you tried to help out, and if they chose not to follow advice, then it's their issue. xD
currently at 2g,
goal is 00g... for now >:D
ninjapirate

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:41 am

ninjapirate wrote:but one thing I don't like is people saying OMG YER GOIN TEW FAST YOUR GONNA GET A BLOWOUT STOPSTOPSTOP.

The way I see it, if you might be able to stop someone from ruining their ears, why not try? A lot of people on here see it as rude or offensive, but really it's just us looking out for them. Stretching is usually a permanent modification and mistakes might stay with a person for the rest of their life. If I tell someone "you're stretching too fast" it's not me calling them stupid, preaching to them, or whatever, it's just me knowing that they probably want their lobes to be healthy and wanting that to happen for them.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences