Why can't you be normal? -mom

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by joniponi » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:13 pm

so yeah my mom is against everything cool and nice (piercings) lol and one day she saw my infected 8mm earlobe... she freaked out even though it didn't look that bad, now it has been few days when that happened and today she said that she will get me to the doctor because of my piercings -.- the infected ear is much better now and i'm doing SSS and jojoba oil massages. she has always nagged me about how piercings destroy your life and how ugly they look and how you will never get a job having piercings, but i don't give a fuck because she's wrong lol and im stretching MY ears not hers. she still doesn't understand. i pity her and all other close minded people...
Hi I'm Joni from Finland!
6mm Septum (taping in process)
I want
Tongue
Bigger septum
joniponi

by blackunicorn » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:18 am

Its great to have a concerned and involved parent and all that but ultimately you gotta do you regardless of what anybody else thinks. In my opinion nobody will ever like everything that you do anyway so why even try to please everyone, you know what I mean? Fuck normal anyway. What does normal ever do for anyone? its just a way for other people to tell you what to do. Fuck that! She should give you credit for having the courage to be yourself!
blackunicorn

by Deano » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Couldn't have put it better myself. Be yourself, screw the status quo, screw conforming, just do your own thing. You'll be much happier being yourself.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:32 pm

Large stretched lobes do make it a little more difficult to get a job, so you really should keep that in mind. Even if you think you're going to have a career that allows it, you never know what kind of job you'll have to have to get by in case your dream job doesn't work out immediately. I see a lot of teenagers saying "Well, I'm gonna be a graphic designer, musician, photographer, etc. so I can have whatever body mods I want" and I think about how hard those jobs are to get into and that some employers even in those fields might not be too comfortable with huge lobes or excessive piercings.
Not trying to lecture you, just saying I know where she's coming from. Piercings really aren't a big deal because they can be removed and retainers can be worn, but big lobes can't be hidden. I'm pro-body modification but I don't think I'd let my child stretch their lobes past 00G or so until they knew for sure that they wouldn't cause any problems in the future.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by socialdistortion » Thu May 12, 2011 3:22 pm

i tottally understand you because i went to school with a 1/2 taper in and my teachers were like what the fuck do you have in your ears ur never gonna get a job
socialdistortion

by shellbournian » Fri May 13, 2011 5:04 pm

my mom's the same way. it gets better with time and you find ways to compromise. when I'm out with my friends or whatever I'll wear whatever jewelry I want to, but when I sit down to dinner with the fam, it's solid plugs.

if you want your family to respect your lifestyle, you need to respect their opinions as well. it isn't a contest.
Current: 1/2" lobes
Retired: 14g industrial (left), 10g second holes, 16g rim (left)
shellbournian

by SusiHill » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:49 am

Deano wrote:Couldn't have put it better myself. Be yourself, screw the status quo, screw conforming, just do your own thing. You'll be much happier being yourself.

NICE totally agree with that, My mum hates mine too she wont let me get any more piercings cuz she found out my lobes were at 12mm instead of the 4mm she thought they were..... long story. Moms are gonna fight what they think is wrong to protect you, so jst ignore theem about bod mods.
I'm 17 i live in maine, im engaged.
In janurary:
Double Right Eyebrow
Navel
2nd holes 6g
3rd holes &other ear
Septum 14g
tattoos
Have:
12mm lobes
right nostril piercing 20g
2nd holes 20mm

Stretching to 19mm
SusiHill

by liplockshock » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:27 pm

My Mom is not against body modification's, she's even got a couple planned for herself. My Mom is only against stretching. When she found out I was stretching she actually was in tears. Now when it comes to me and when I do things she does not approve of my Mom's last resort is to bribe me or call my Grandparents. She did both, she offered to pay for my tattoo that I was planning on getting, and my Grandparents
gave her the "She's an adult now. You did stuff we didn't approve of. Welcome to parenthood." speech.
I understand my Mom and her reasons against stretching, which are her personal beliefs and I respect them. However she has always encouraged me to be myself, and not to conform to who I think I should be. I have always had a desire to stretch my ears. We actually ended up sitting down and talking about it. I pretty much old her I had made an informed choice and that I was doing it responsibly. After that we haven't talked about it since. Even though she is against my choice, she respects it.
The name is Morgana Elise.
Call me Morgana :D
Current Size: 4G
Current Goal: 0G
liplockshock

by Travman93 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:07 am

My mom and my girlfriend are my two biggest supporters. My mom is at 7/16ths and my girlfriend is at size two. My grandma was a bit hesitant when I first started, and she did have a few words for me that were a bit less than supportive, but it does get better with time. Trust me, it's worth the wait when everyone in your family is supportive of your mods.
Travman93

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences