OF TIMES TRIED AND TESTED...

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by elfbox » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:29 pm

i was told ages ago, always stretch and upsize and clean whilst showering...

simple science - molecules expand when heated, and contract when cooled.
and kills 2 birds with one stone (or ears with plugs), good time management for your daily routines.

so apply this to your lobe! - filled with blood etc - have a shower, warm up ur little lobes and so long as always u havnt torn or forced ur lobe, slowly push, size up or change to larger plugs in shower, i have a soap free/fragrance free 'soap' anyway which is better for your skin and lube mine up when doing so.

Also - good time to clean, your hands should be relatively clean by the time u have suds'd up and not risking u touching the basin and other stuff in between going for that possibly fresh and open wound.

In saying all this - dont OVER CLEAN your wounds! your body needs time to heal - your white blood cells (sebum, weepy crystals, clear stuff) needs to fight infection of any size, so puss is not always bad, depending on color of course, lol if its heavy yellow to green go see a doctor for antibiotics ASAP and probs size down!
----
hmmm tapers vs silcone squishees...

with everyone same goes... one person might be sensitive to silicone, whilst another not at all... not to mention everyone has different healing times, abilities and powers if you may...

from 1.2mm (standard boring ear piercing) age 18 months...
age 15 - i started wearing multiples of earrings in the same hole up to 10 hanging hooks at a time through highschool which by age 16-17 had evolved to household hardware, pop rivets and screws from the shed...
during my youth I was also from a family where peroxide as a medical was standard - cuts, scrapes, grazes, ear infections, pierciings were all doused with one dilution of peroxide or another. (purchased from your local pharmacy for around $3, dilute and apply with cotton buds or wool balls)

(too which i have been told by piercers now 'OMG NO WAY, here buy this $15 stuff OMG thats sooo bad' - and i say thanks but no thanks, im a use what works for me CHEERS)

ANYHOO - by the time i left home for UNI age 18, i was at a mild 4mm hole with a small piece of cut plastic... shortly after purchased my first taper at a size 7mm, with noone around to tell me what to do, i put it in back 2 fron so that it didnt hang all gaugly out in front of others... SUCCESS 2 weeks later 4mm-7mm - fuck what was i to know? lol
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/ ... obgrab.jpg
(LOL dont ask about boob grab was sending shit in for some scrub thing... anyway this has my 12mm and 4mm shot in it, both ears the same)

within the year I had pushed to 10mm with one more taper purchase and some more peroxide, cause mums stash had run low...
2 years pass and i push to 12mm, for about 6 months, got bored, then to 18mm... then again got bored tapered again to 20mm... here is where my FIRST PROBLEM OCCURED!

FIRST PROBLEM - age 23 "THE BLOWOUT"

so basically i went up with one taper in one ear at a time, then moved to my other ear - darting 2 tapers at a time whilst pushing to 20mm... had a party approaching, so i forced the last 20mm through, and a few days later that ugly little skin tissue lining appeared - like a little ear vagina! bleh - i didnt know what it was at the time, scar tissue whatever... over the next 2 years i survived it - i wasnt big on 'googling' EVERYTHING at the time lol... i peroxided or salt washed when necessary, not even sea salt - household salt, and i still do when i feel necessary.

LIKE I SAID 2 years of this tiny blowout meh I decided to start stretching again, for some reason i decided 30mm STRAIGHT UP YO - and go go go... and so i did i hit 22mm using a stretchy squishee silicone, overnight success win... heal 3 weeks later feeling good grabbed a 24mm squishee silicone plug and...(24mm image to follow)

WHILST I have both been echoed, spammed about silicone plugs n stretching - hey like u screamed at your parents do what you want, research take advice don't take advice, IDGAF as Lily Allen sings "what the fuck would you know? Just cause your old u think ur wise,....i didnt even ask for your advice, you wanna keep your mouth shut!" - CHRIST your body modding OK, shit may go wrong it may not, read the reviews ask questions then make a judgement.

Sorry I head off track well a bit! - anyway the 22mm->24mm stretch was fine - no really it was fine, i stayed sane for about 3 weeks again, good to go... then busted out the ol 28mm - again too game for me... MASSIVE BLOWOUT in one ear... like many pics you've seen (and if i can find my piccies too), basically tunnel within a big red ring of rankness... oh i hear ya'll laughing now fuc*ers!!! - BUT boo to you, i went back read up, sized down gently in the shower back to umm 20mm... silicones, allowed heal for a month and BAM back to 24mm slowly this time... again time passed, i went back and purchased a 26mm squishee and then back into 28mm and then following on to 30mm... both ears healed fine, i loved them they were grand! - old people started avoiding the seat next to me on the train, 14yr old emo's came up and asked me about them (oh joy) - and done 10 years of stretching...
30mm

a little more...

BLASTED - being a girl and liking to fashion up and down and change and bling and bla bla bla - i couldnt get hold of much so downsized to 26mm... image to follow:
...and now can purchase more but have also started making my own! - ETSY store to come will notify soon ladies!!!
samples to follow! "HUGS N' PLUGS"

ANYONE interested in CUSTOMS - can forward sizes and shipping address to iamclord@hotmail.com for quotes xxx
My greatest gift to you, is a dance floor... free from insecurity!

10 years of trials, fails and wins in both stretching and light piercing. win some lose some. thats life.
elfbox

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:14 pm

I didn't read the entire thing... but I agree with the stretching in the shower part. Other than that, you shouldn't really have to "clean" your stretches like a wound because there shouldn't be an open wound. And sea salt soaks are much cheaper and more effective than peroxide, which does nothing other than strip the wound of healthy cells it needs to heal.
The reason people warn about stretching with silicone isn't because of the material (although it is a really bad one to be in a fresh stretch), it's because it will expand in your ear whether you're ready to stretch or not. At least with tapers/taping you can tell when it's starting to hurt or cause too much resistance, and you can stop.

If you're happy with your lobes, more power to you. Just don't advise people to do exactly what you did because that certainly won't work for everyone. My lobes aren't very stretchy at all and if I did that my ears would probably fall off. And when I had "regular" ear piercings as a kid I put peroxide on them and it always made everything so much worse; I thought it could only do good so I kept using it, and it literally ate the skin off my ears.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by elfbox » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:50 am

not advising to do what i did... its a post in the 'experiences' section stating my experiences over the past years of what i tried, failed and survived. Hence the epic post. I know what silicone can do, and again i mention open wound, because at times, kids get to keen and force it through, its a healing process of stretching which means your body will react either way, it needs time to heal... also why i mention keeping them clean to an extent is great - but over cleaning like anything is also bad - your body needs tie to adjust and let your white blood cells do the hard work first.

- read the whole thing - i use many terms for examples, possibilities to cover myself in stating my story - however knowing this whole site is a place where people will come for advice I have edited it in such a way that they can take what they need. As with anything - the smart ones will research research and most likely still fuck up at times, but hey your local GP/doctor isn't far off neither is the piercer. - see a professional is you are not sure - and even then 'the professional may have never been where you or I have been - so eh -what to do?
My greatest gift to you, is a dance floor... free from insecurity!

10 years of trials, fails and wins in both stretching and light piercing. win some lose some. thats life.
elfbox

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences