Size Labels need to be More Specific

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by BroCore92 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:06 am

Ok sooo I was able to get 2 pairs of 00g tapers and some plugs from my girlfriend and a friend of mine and i couldn't help but notice the difference in size between the tapers. one was at least a mm larger than the other one. I got one pair in... and then put the others in after. the stretch went well but I couldn't help but think how inconvenient this difference in size could be when buying body jewelery. That 1mm difference can make buying specific types of jewelery a big pain in the ass.

sorry for my rant. just thought this would be worth posting
BroCore92

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Yeah, some 00G is 9mm while others are 10mm... that's why I'm not a huge fan of the "gauge" system; it can make some people skip a size without even knowing it!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by StrickyCub » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:59 am

^^ Too true, it's why now when I shop for jewellery, I shop by millimetres and not by "gauge".
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by twosharks » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:42 am

Of course if everyone just used the metric system everything would make more sense. Actually, dealing with body jewelry has given me a better grasp of the metric system. I can actually picture millimeters and centimeters, rather than mentally converting to fractions of an inch like I always would before.

Still can't picture a kilometer. What is it, some portion of a mile? Ten miles? No one knows.
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

by StrickyCub » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:12 pm

Lol twosharks. 1 kilometre is 1000 metres, a mile is around 1600 metres. So basically a kilometre is a bit less than 2/3rds of a mile.
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by WeAreWormwood » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:51 am

It's stuff like this that makes me glad I'm from Ireland, in Europe everything is done in metric and it makes so much more sense, imperial measurements are ridiculous and outdated really.
Mods

10mm left lobe
78mm right lobe
1.6mm tongue
1.6mm nipples

Retired

1.2mm Spiderbites
WeAreWormwood

by twosharks » Sun May 01, 2011 1:05 am

WeAreWormwood wrote:It's stuff like this that makes me glad I'm from Ireland, in Europe everything is done in metric and it makes so much more sense, imperial measurements are ridiculous and outdated really.

Totally agree, as someone that's a slave to the imperial. Or "standard" as we tend to call it in the states, as though it's everyone else that's doing it wrong.

Stupid non-intuitive measurement systems...
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

by SusiHill » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:55 am

i do it in mm even though im in USA, i hate "guages" i call mine 12mm most of the time rather then 1/2'
I'm 17 i live in maine, im engaged.
In janurary:
Double Right Eyebrow
Navel
2nd holes 6g
3rd holes &other ear
Septum 14g
tattoos
Have:
12mm lobes
right nostril piercing 20g
2nd holes 20mm