Advice?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by WindowLicker » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:32 am

So I noticed a tiny tear on my left lobe a couple days after I got to 3/4. What's weird is that plug went in wayyyy easier than the right one, and my right one is healing perfectly. My lobe's a tad swollen, but not too bad. I'm just concerned with the tear. Also, it looks nothing like a blowout, but like 1/4 of my lobe looks a tad bit more swollen than the rest of my ear. What do you think could be the issue? Should I leave my plugs out for a while? I've been keeping the tear clean to avoid infection and I'm gonna start sea salt soaks.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by WindowLicker » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:56 am

Here's some pics in case it helps

I noticed a little bit of the same problem with 7/16, but just continued on like it was nothin, but now that I've got a source to go to for help I'd like to take advantage of it. Like I said, with the plug out it doesn't look like a blowout, but with it in, well I'm not really sure what to say.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:16 am

I think if I were you I'd downsize drastically (or just leave your plugs out for a little while) and start doing sea salt soaks, then oil massages. I'm not an expert on blowouts and what to do about them but downsizing would at least take the pressure off.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by WindowLicker » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:43 am

What I'm most concerned with is my ears closing up a bit and having to restretch to 3/4. Like I said, I had a very similar issue when I was at 7/16 except it was both ears and my ears before this looked really healthy. What I've been doin is takin the plugs out for a bit each day, then putting em back in that way the pressure isn't constant and I'm holding size. Think that's a bad idea?
WindowLicker

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:49 am

Hmm, I'd be worried that putting the 3/4" in after leaving them out would put more pressure on them. Do you have any jewelry in 11/16" or 5/8"? It might be a good idea to put something of that size in full time and then re-stretch a little when the time comes.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by WindowLicker » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:18 am

Nah I got nothin
WindowLicker

by WindowLicker » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:48 am

So I was able to dig up my taped 5/8" plugs. They were taped up to 3/4 and did what you said, Corazon. Couple days later and my ear looks almost as though I never had an issue to begin with. Tear's no longer noticeable beyond a tiny scab which I"m leavin alone. I've got some 3/4" tunnels in now. They went in with no pain and actually with greater ease than when I stretched up a week ago. What do you think? It feels and looks fine, but don't wanna take things too quick. I know I've got some scar tissue built up, but I've been doin Vit e massages and I'm probably gonna pick up some jojoba oil when I get some new plugs.
WindowLicker

by Foreverxvi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:14 am

did you do a sea salt soak?
when you tape up use lotion and they'll go in easier without any tears!:)
Foreverxvi

by WindowLicker » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:21 am

Did not sea salt soak actually. Was going to but then I got too lazy to heat up water, measure out the salt, etc...yes, it really is that bad lol. I'm no longer taping, but when I was, yes, I would use Vitamin E moisturizer. Worked like a charm every time I tried stretching. I used it when I originally stretched up to 3/4" and as I said, I had no issue getting it in my trouble ear. It wasn't till I started being stupid and switching out jewelry, wearing ear skins, etc. that I started having issues...there's a reason my name's Window Licker :P This was actually my first tear...I've been doin pretty good up till now lol. Good thing I'm at my goal...sorta
WindowLicker

by ms.doomsday » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:04 pm

i tore my ear couple years back going from 7/8th to 1".. i didnt know that it had torn until my lobe actually started to swell OVER my plug, making it near impossible to take out. i think part of it had to do with the fact that i had some rubber acrylic plugs [totally non-absorbent to all the fluid my ear was producing]

when i finally grew a pair and just maneuvered the plugs out from under my swollen pink ear.. hurt soooo freakin bad.. its my fault for leaving it in and being stubborn. my ear when from one inch to a 6g in 2 days... i had to start from scratch.. took me 6 months to get my ears matching sizes again.
had to rebuy all the small sizes i had skipped over and given away.. total pain in the ass.. if your gonna attempt to heal you wound without removing your plug.. id suggest you get some wood plugs.. but honestly, i dont think its even possible.

sorry dude.

although, in the last pic with the metal plug it doesnt look as bad as mine did, try the wood plug asap.. and use neosporin.. i mean it is the fastest way to heal a cut after all.
I speak from experience.
Stretching for 8 yrs. Current size: 3/4"
Bad Habits Galore. Not Easily Offended.
ms.doomsday

Next

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety