Walmart products for stretched ears :P

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by BroCore92 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:33 pm

I'm trying to find some antiseptic or any solutions that I can use to care for my stretched ears and at the time I can only go to walmart to get anything so I was wondering if anybody knows of any products sold at walmart I that are safe to use on stretched ears that won't mess them up, whether its drying them out too much or could cause irratation. sorry for such a random topic.
BroCore92

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:48 pm

If you mean something to heal irritated lobes, sea salt! Mix 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of pure sea salt into one cup of water (you can use more water, but use a proportional amount of salt), heat it up (boil tap water or microwave bottled water), and soak your ears in the solution for 5-10 minutes once or twice a day.

If you're looking for something to massage your lobes with that doesn't cost a lot, I'd get some vitamin E. I just use the pills and squeeze the stuff out of them.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by BroCore92 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:11 pm

I was looking for products more along the lines of keeping my lobes healthy and gunk and infection free. but thanks for the suggestions :D You can't go wrong with a sea salt soak :)
BroCore92

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:03 am

Sea salt soaks are ideal for that. I'm too lazy to do actual soaks most of the time so I bought this nasal spray called "Simply Saline" which is 0.9% salt (the perfect salt/water ratio) and contains no other ingredients besides salt and water. I spray it on my piercings after showers sometimes just to clean off any shampoo/conditioner that may have gotten on them. But for the most part, stay away from anti-bacterial stuff like Bactine, Neosporin, etc... infections are really rare in piercings and that stuff won't really do anything to keep them healthy. Salt is best because it's already found in your body.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by stashapistachio » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:11 am

Sea salt soaks are good for healing piercings and wounds. But your ears shouldn't be that. And it can be quite drying.

I dunno what they sell at walmart, but I imagine its huge.
Look for jojoba or vitamin e oil.
Oil massages are great, even olive oil would help a little bit?
stashapistachio

by alliZILLA » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:38 am

I bought all of my products at walmart because it's right next door to my work xD

I got some basic antibacterial body wash that I've been using to clean my ears and my jewelry. Although I'm new to stretching, I haven't noticed any major ear cheese bahaha (: I think it's helping.

And like others have said, I got the vitamin e pills. (I've been using it on my hair, it's amazing!) I looked all over for jojoba and emu oil and I couldn't find any. I think walgreens has it though.

I got some vitamin e cream that's really nice too. It's called fruit of the world cream and you get it in a 2-pack pot.

Aaaaand then I got some aquafor, but I'm waiting until my ears are fully healed cause I'm not too sure about it.
tell me about the f%@&ing golf shoes.
have: 6g lobez
want: 0g
alliZILLA

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:15 am

stashapistachio wrote:Sea salt soaks are good for healing piercings and wounds. But your ears shouldn't be that. And it can be quite drying.

Ooohh, I was thinking s/he was saying their lobes were a little pissed off and they wanted something to help them heal. Ignore the sea salt stuff if your ears are fully healed, haha. You can just clean your plugs in the shower with whatever you use on the rest of your body, or even hand soap.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by BroCore92 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:11 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:
stashapistachio wrote:Sea salt soaks are good for healing piercings and wounds. But your ears shouldn't be that. And it can be quite drying.

Ooohh, I was thinking s/he was saying their lobes were a little pissed off and they wanted something to help them heal. Ignore the sea salt stuff if your ears are fully healed, haha. You can just clean your plugs in the shower with whatever you use on the rest of your body, or even hand soap.

Just for the record... I am a dude... Just thought I'd make that clear lol :P

I've recently been using suave mosturizing lotion of some sort to massage my ears, which i got at walmart. its awesome :) it really helps after a good sea salt soak :) My ears a healing well i just occasionally deal with dryness and honestly the cold weather is not helping at all whatsoever :P
BroCore92

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:28 pm

Haha ohh yeah, I could've figured that out by looking at your username. Oops! I know what you mean about the cold weather, though. It's awful for all things piercing-related! I think that's the reason my lobes won't loosen up to go to 0G. Ugh.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by stashapistachio » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:34 pm

My cheeks get sore in the cold. At least I have a hat for my ears.

Balaclavas are frowned upon :/
stashapistachio

Next

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety