Please Help i have a bump behind my ear piercing

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by iAmSofaKing » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:55 am

Hey guys, i just got my lobes pierced about a month ago with 14G needles, i went to a professional piercer. When he pierced my right ear it went through with ease like butter. But when he pierced the left lobe the piercing wasn't so smooth, it actually hurt a little bit and he had to push harder to get the needle through.

Now a month later there is a bump behind that same left ear piercing. I did some research and found that its called a "keloid". Will this go away and will affect me stretching to a 8G?

Thanks guys help would be appreciated.

Ps. my left piercing is a little tilted, the piercer fcked up on my left ear lol
iAmSofaKing

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:49 am

It's probably hypertrophic scarring instead of a keloid; keloids are really, really rare. What jewelry is in the piercings? If it's something like a ring or circular barbell the movement may be causing this. I did a lobe piercing on myself about a year ago and put in a circular barbell but I ended up with a HUGE bump on the back. Try to get something straight like a labret, and in the meantime make sure you don't move the jewelry too much. Also, just keep doing sea salt soaks, and you can also try chamomile compresses. Make a cup of chamomile tea and either soak your piercing in the tea with the teabag in there, or press the teabag onto the bump for 5-10 minutes (but re-dip it in the hot water so it will stay hot).
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by iAmSofaKing » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:00 am

yea i think it might be a hypertrophic scar, i remember accidentally pulling on the earring causing it to drag down a little bit while scratching my ear.

Anyway will this affect my stretching in any way? and should i put vitamin e oil directly on the scar?

thanks

btw both my earrings are straight labret
iAmSofaKing

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety