Fresh stretch, plug cleaning;

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by alliZILLA » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:23 am

1. When is it safe to take out my plugs and clean them?
I stretched them yesterday night.

2. And if it is okay to wash my ears too? This morning I kind of just ran them under the water in the shower because I wasn't sure. I did a sea salt soak to clean them this morning because i didn't wash them in the shower.

3. Since vitamin e oil clogs your pores, is it okay to put it on right before I hop in the shower or is that not enough time to have it work? Haha.
tell me about the f%@&ing golf shoes.
have: 6g lobez
want: 0g
alliZILLA

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:33 pm

1. leave the plugs in for a week or so. taking them in and out of a fresh stretch can cause unnecessary irritation (you shouldnt turn your plugs inside your either for that reason)

2. you can definitely wash your ears. just of course be careful around your stretch haha. just sea salt soak or gently clean with a q-tip until it heals.

3. i have no clue, ive never used oil haha sorry. but you shouldnt put oil on a fresh stretch, just after it's healed to help massage your ear and breakdown scar tissue and strengthen your lobes. id say leave the oil out until your ears heal enough to remove the jewelry.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by alliZILLA » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:53 pm

Thanks !

Just one more thing; how can you tell when it's healed? Haha.
tell me about the f%@&ing golf shoes.
have: 6g lobez
want: 0g
alliZILLA

by Empathy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:17 am

well, can't really tell by looking at it, the red part will be gone after a week or so, but that doesnt mean it's fully healed, the usual healing time lies inbetween 4-8 weeks, but you can start changing plugs around 3, just don't jump into acrylic / rubber ones yet
Empathy

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety