When Is it safe to tak out mah Gauges?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Nic » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:01 pm

I recently stretched to 0 gauge using acrylic spirals and ended up with them stuck in my ears and burning, then i got an infection( lots of puss) so i ran to salzers and quick got some steel tunnels. I was at school and i jammed em in my ears in the bathroom. I used tons of neosporin to kill the infection and lube the tunnels, but i was wondering when it would be safe to take out the tunnels to clean them and my lobes??? like how many days or weeks should i wait?
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by skylorlambert » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:24 pm

Nic, there isn't a certain set amount of time that it takes to heal up. Everyone's body is different. Personally I would go by if they hurt to the touch, then they aren't completely healed, nor are they ready for the plug to be taken out. Just give it time, it takes the body a little while to fully fight off an infection. If you have anymore questions be sure to ask! :) Take care, and happy stretching!
Currently Stretched At: 1-1/8in
Others: Snakebites, and both conchs.
Websites: Blog, Photography, Twitter, Facebook.
skylorlambert

by Nic » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:27 am

ok, thx lol. i took out my tunnels and the inner part of the fistula was purply and bled a lil bit. im not sure if this is normal but im kinda scared. Any advice?
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by Nic » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:33 am

ok, thx lol. i took out my tunnels and the inner part of the fistula was purply and bled a lil bit. im not sure if this is normal but im kinda scared. Any advice?
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by Tom » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:36 am

Don't take your plugs out till your gauges are healed.
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:30 am

It probably wasn't an infection... it sounds like you just stretched too fast and your ears got pissed off. 2G-0G is a bigger stretch than the rest, which is why it's not a bad idea to go to 1G (which they have on certain websites like Body Art Forms.) If I were you, I'd downsize at least back to 2G, let them heal for 6-8 weeks or more, then try to stretch again. Sea salt soaks would be a good way to clean them, and massaging them with something like Vitamin E oil would make them more stretchy. Good luck!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Nic » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:36 pm

haha thx man, its already been like 2 weeks and i took one out the other day and its finally healing, no rips either =D. Im definitly to oging to wait at least another 1-2 weeks before even adding a layer of tape. I stretched to fast and now i know why i shouldnt lol so ima be careful from now on.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety