Damn damn damn [2" lobe worries!]

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Awful » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:26 am

Ok, here's the deal. This is my 2" lobe. The black circle is around a spot that worries me. Let me explain the whole story: I've been stretching for 6-7 years. About 3.5 years ago I smashed this lobe in a car door. Resulting in this add shape in the bottom of my lobe. I had a crazy shaped cut that I used liquid bandage to hold shut (The blood freaked me out, so I "glued" it shut) I downsized for 1 full year. I'm at 1 7/8ths right now and have been going up and down since the accident, but I still have this weird feeling spot. It's almost like a fingernail, it feels dry constantly. I use emu, and bio oil mostly currently. I have tried every oil on the earth on this. Nothing seems to help. It feels plump, and warm. My girlfriend says they look fine to her, but I still worry about it ALOT.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Awful

by Hardware » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:13 am

Really it looks fine to me too, but I can't 'feel' it either. It probably is just a scar from getting slammed in a door (you are lucky, holy crap!). It made me wonder if anyone has ever tried the store bought scar remover and used it on their earlobes? I also remember someone saying something about using preparation H on their blowout or something and it actually worked.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by Awful » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:17 am

Hardware wrote:Really it looks fine to me too, but I can't 'feel' it either. It probably is just a scar from getting slammed in a door (you are lucky, holy crap!). It made me wonder if anyone has ever tried the store bought scar remover and used it on their earlobes? I also remember someone saying something about using preparation H on their blowout or something and it actually worked.

Thanks for your reply! Mederma? No I have not. That shit is expensive! If anyone has good results with it, please share. I have a bottle, but it's dried out :(

The preparation H thing; I actually thought about it, but my mother (nurse) said the phenylephrine in it is designed to constrict blood cells, and may "strangle" my lobe down there so to speak. She said with an area with lower circulation then it came with (lol) that this would be a bad idea because it would only hinder circulation more.
Awful

by Hardware » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:23 am

Oh yeah, That makes sense! That was a derp moment, lol.

Seriously, your ear looks fine to me, I know its hard to not obsess over it though. Your earlobe wraps nicely around your jewelry with no thinning or inconstancy. I would try not to obsess over it Awful :)
Hardware

by Awful » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:29 am

Hardware wrote:Oh yeah, That makes sense! That was a derp moment, lol.

Seriously, your ear looks fine to me, I know its hard to not obsess over it though. Your earlobe wraps nicely around your jewelry with no thinning or inconstancy. I would try not to obsess over it Awful :)

:mrgreen: My girlfriend says "you obsess so hard over that, it's fine!" ha! maybe I'm just nuts. I wanted to add tho. The "fingernail" feeling is on the surface. It feels almost like a callus.
Awful

by Hardware » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:34 am

:lol: Well tell your girlfriend I agree with her :D
Well, has it changed shape over the time or is it staying the same? The oil massages prolly helped a lot while it was recovering.
Hardware

by Awful » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:42 am

Hardware wrote::lol: Well tell your girlfriend I agree with her :D
Well, has it changed shape over the time or is it staying the same? The oil massages prolly helped a lot while it was recovering.

xD it's staying the same size, and it's weird. It's just "stiff" on the surface down there on the inside. It's no painful unless I try to knead it to message it (just the surface) not the underneath.
Awful

by Hardware » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:29 am

LOL! Than yeah, you are worrying a little too much ^_^

I was thinking about it today and I actually had something a little similar after one of my earlobes got a bit of frost nip. It swelled up horribly, hot to the touch and painful. I took care of it right away, but I remember feeling a small deep slit that was rough like a scab but there was no discoloration. Eventually it went away after oil massages and soaks. I was super lucky, as were you! I can't get over that damn car door!!! OW OW OW OW OW!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!
Hardware

by Awful » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:47 am

Here's the whole story behind the car door:

My friend was parked close to another car, so I barley opened the door and started to slip in. My heavy ass steel tunnels swung outward and whacked straight down onto the door like

| <- that being my lobe
||| <- that being the door

I doubt that makes any sense lol. I looked in the mirror and had a crazy shaped cut on the outer part of my ear. I freaked out HARD when I seen how much blood was coming out. I used a Dermabond type of solution to glue the cut shut since I was afraid it would bleed alot, and not want to clot because of it being on such a "weak" area. It actually healed amazingly, but if I pull my ear taught in my fingers I can see the thumbnail length scar. I still have nightmares about it (really, not joking).

I copy pasted this from BAF forums lol I'm lazy.
Awful

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety