i hate my right ear lobe!!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by tychi_kitty » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:33 pm

..so i finally got to the single digit gauges! (8g) 15min ago
i was at a 10g for 2 weeks and thought to see if i was ready!
i dead stretched my left ear to a 8g plug but when i went to put in the 8g plug in my right it wouldnt go in (even with jojoba oil, neosporin, shower, more warm water, antibacterial cleansing, NOTHING!!!
so i just put in the 10g right after instead 2min ago!
ugghh
so is it wierd to have two diff plugs in my each ear?
ha i look funny with a smaller blue plug in right and a larger white plug in the left! but i dont wanna lose my 8g in my left!!!
i ll just baby my right to make it more stretchy??

:-(
tychi_kitty

by leighmarie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:04 pm

I'm the same atm tbh. My left ear is my reluctant ear, so I have a solid white plug in one ear and a black tunnel in the other. I find it irritating 'cause I like symmetry.

I think most people have one temperamental ear though, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Keep up the oil massages and try again in a few weeks. :)
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:12 pm

tbh, 2 weeks isnt very long. your ear just wasnt ready.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by tychi_kitty » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:18 am

TheGreyEyedMonster wrote:tbh, 2 weeks isnt very long. your ear just wasnt ready.

i know but i wanted to see if it was maybe ready
i dead stretched the left one and there was absolutely NO PAIN, went right in with some jojoba oil!! however the right gave problems but i guess i was expecting it bc its been stubborn since i started--but just want the right to finally catch up to the left--dunno how though-i guess they ll always be both off!
tychi_kitty

by tychi_kitty » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:21 am

...do u think i can tape my right ear plug to gradually get to 8g so i can match the left plug size???? hmmm--then that way it ll be easier to get them both to exact sizes???
sounds like an idea but idk, i thought taping was mainly for larger sizes?
tychi_kitty

by StrickyCub » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:08 pm

True, 2 weeks isn't really long enough between stretches, but even sometimes if you do wait long enough between stretches one ear can be "stubborn".
I finally was able to upsize my left ear again after babying my blowouts from about 5 weeks ago, it went in nice and smooth, no resistance or anything and I'm happy to finally have a tunnel in again and not a solid spiral.
However my right ear is still being a bitch, and there just didn't seem to be any give in it when I was trying to put the taper through. The second I felt the resistance I just said "fuck it".
So now I'm here with 2 mismatched ears. It sucks, but I guess I'd rather have mismatched ears than ruin all the work I've put into healing them in the first place.
*sigh*

~Zack
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by tychi_kitty » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:23 pm

...well i just dead stretched my right ear lobe to a 8g after a week of massaging Vitamin E oil into and it went straight in no pain no struggle no tightness at all! ahh soo happy now!

thanks guys! ;)
tychi_kitty

by HiMyNameIsMegan » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:52 pm

yay :) and i would say taping would be a good idea even on the smallest sizes especially if you have a stubborn ear.
HiMyNameIsMegan

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety