Slight Injury, need some advice

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by XxGonzoxX » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:09 am

Let's start with that I'm only at a size 2 and have been at it for about a week. Yesterday at a show a elbow to the ear pushed the flared part of the jewelery into the fistula, though how much as embedded i'm not exactly sure as i pushed it back out when i noticed. It bled a wee bit, nothing drastic but got quite swollen, tender, and very stiff rather quickly. What correct steps should I take to limit the damage to as little as possible in the long run. The swelling has gone down a bit but its still present. How long should i now wait before going to 0s.
XxGonzoxX

by twosharks » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:12 am

With any injury, downsizing is important. Going back to a 4g for awhile will help ensure it heals faster. If it's swollen, you really should downsize. Treat it like a new piercing, with saline soaks and gentle soap, for a few months. Then restretch to 2g, and keep up your daily oil massages to help prevent scar tissue from forming where the tear was. You may want to add some more time to what you were planning on waiting for 0g, just to be safe.
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:07 pm

^Agreed. Although you might want to look into going to 1G... 2G-0G is a 2mm stretch, which is too much for most people to do safely. You can find the size at steelnavel.com or bodyartforms.com (although I'm going to that size soon and couldn't find any in stock on BAF). Anyway, I'd wait at least two months before stretching again, or maybe closer to 10 weeks since you had some bleeding. Oil massages will definitely help keep scar tissue from forming, but wait until your ears aren't sore at all to start doing them.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:01 pm

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... 43&index=1

1g one pair left

They need a restock anyway
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by StrickyCub » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:45 am

And if you don't feel like buying a pair of 1g, you can also try taping 8-)
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:52 pm

magalo le matelot wrote:http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdetails.asp?jewelry=plugs&gauge=1g&ProductID=8343&index=1

1g one pair left

They need a restock anyway

They're wood and double-flare though which can't be used to stretch.
They really do need to restock thier 1G. I got what I thought was a pair from the "blemished" colorfronts and it ended up just being a single plug, so I'll probably order another pair from Steel Navel or try to find a place where I can buy another single plug... they're usually just sold in pairs. But I think Steel Navel has a good bit of 1G in stock.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety