6g to 2g

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by NoHoleLobes » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:15 pm

So i was at a 6g safe for a couple weeks. good lobes, and then i went to go get 4g tapers and ther wusnt any cool 4g plugs. so i bought 2g tapers and plugs. and i got the 2g in without much pain, and left them in for 3 days. but didnt heal or anything and i think i ripped my lobes. so i went back to 6g. i want u guys to tell me how to make this heal faster. sea salt soaks, vitamin e oil massages, and how much. like everything in detail. Thank you =)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
NoHoleLobes

by Nic » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:38 pm

ya man on ur right ear i beleive it is, it looks raw so u prolly ripped it. Just leave them at 6g till ur lobes return to normal look an color. I think ul be fine cuz u downsized. Good luck and happy stretching =D
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by StrickyCub » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:56 pm

I agree with Nic. Just let your ears heal back at 6g, and wait until you can get tapers and jewellery at 4g, as at that size it is a really bad idea to skip sizes unless you're willing to live with the consequences of having blowouts and tears.

Just think of it this way, at least once your ears are ready to go up to 2g, you'll already have the jewellery to do it ;)

Sea salt soaks twice a day, and run them under the hot water for a good 30secs to a minute when you're having a shower daily. Just make sure you dry them off thoroughly afterwards :) Don't play with them too much, and don't take the jewellery out for massages until they're healed up.

~Zack
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by NoHoleLobes » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:49 pm

and where do i get sea salt? or what type.
NoHoleLobes

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:57 pm

You can get sea salt anywhere really. It's right next to the regular salt in the grocery store. Just make sure you buy non-iodized salt. very important.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:24 pm

Yep, sea salt soaks will really help. I'd leave them at 6G for a few months before you try to stretch again, and go to 4G. Once they're healed and not sore at all, it'd be a good idea to start doing oil massages to break down any scar tissue that you've created. Vitamin E oil is pretty good for that purpose.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by NoHoleLobes » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:08 am

seasalt/water mixture recipe?
NoHoleLobes

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:33 am

1/8-1/4 teaspoon of sea salt to one cup of water. Any more than that and it'll do more harm than good; it's supposed to match your body's natural salt level. Get the water to a temperature that's bearable and won't burn you but make sure it's still really hot. You can either take bottled/filtered water and microwave it or use tap water and boil it, then let it cool. Soak the piercing for 5-10 minutes once or twice a day.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by StrickyCub » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:34 am

NoHoleLobes wrote:seasalt/water mixture recipe?

1 cup of warm water mixed with about 1/8th to 1/4 of a teaspoon of sea salt. You can always adjust the mixture depending on if it dries out your ears too much or not.
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by NoHoleLobes » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:26 am

And when do you guys think i could stretch to 4? Ive been doing soaks. and my left ear looks like its healed. but my right seems to b healed. but it has wrinkly skin, any ideas?
NoHoleLobes

Next

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety